Grima Squeakersen

US Law Shield - non-emergency responses?

This is the best place I could find to post this. After I obtained my NJ PtC a few months back, I signed up for US Law Shield with the multi-state option (I have permits in 5 other states). I recently saw a claim from a Maryland lawyer claiming it is illegal to carry any firearm through Maryland without a Maryland permit, even if it is stored unloaded and out of driver's reach. I have since debunked that claim. However, my initial reaction to it was to submit an inquiry to US Law Shield asking about the legality, and about whether or not if I happened to be arrested on that basis, my policy would cover my defense. I used the contact form at https://www.uslawshield.com/contact-us/ , identified myself as a member, and supplied my membership number. I never received any reply. Now, it may be that USLS has a policy not explore hypothetical questions such as the one I posed on the legality of carry through Maryland; I could understand that. But I think that my question regarding limitation of coverage was entirely in scope. I find that their complete lack of response, even one to inform me that my questions were inappropriate, is quite worrisome, and borderline unacceptable. I do intend to follow up on this by telephone when I get the opportunity, but this experience is definitely not inspiring confidence on my part in how well USLS would defend my interests is I had an actual legal situation involving a firearm. Anyone else have a positive or negative experience to share regarding contacting US Law Shield as a member?

• Informative 1

I've contacted them via phone on two or three occasions. Each time I called I provided my information and received a call back. The call about NJ was returned by someone from Nappen's office. I also called at least once to speak with an attorney from another State. I'd say my calls were returned in a couple-several hours. Within a full business day for sure. 

On 6/18/2023 at 3:37 PM, ESB said:

When did you post the question to them?  

About 2 - 3 weeks ago. Don't have the exact date, as I used their web contact form. At the time, I didn't think it rose to the level of importance to merit a phone call (was trying to be solicitous of their time), and I didn't see an email address for questions on their site. which would have been my preference. I expected that there might be a delay, or some disclaimer about what they did and did not want to answer outside of an actual legal response, but I did anticpate *some* kind of reply And yesterday I received a boilerplate mailing from them at the email address I used, so rejection of their reply by my email provider is highly unlikely. I will try a phone call.

• Like 1