21 minutes ago, FDHog said:

I know that now you can carry any gun you legally own without qualifying, but do you have to turn in a list of the guns and serial numbers to local PD?

The statute allows the Superintendent of NJSP to designate what forms need to be filled in and submitted with your application. They designed form SP.182a to achieve the requirement to determine the guns you intend to carry when you apply. The statute does not grant NJSP or a local PD the authority to require submission of any details of a gun you intend to carry outside of the application process.

If you change your mind after you receive your permit and want to carry a gun that you did not originally list, there is no requirement for you submit an updated form, and no authority in the statute that allows NJSP or your PD to demand it.

NB. If you have a Court issued permit that restricts you to carrying specific guns, you are still limited by that until the court order is amended (not going to happen) or you obtain a new permit. Almost all court issued permits will have expired by the end of this year.

• Like 1

My Chiefs recommendation is to carry only Firearms you have qualified with.

He also stated in his opinion that the State Attorney General is waiting to make an example of the first person to exercise his constitutional rights and defend themselves.

Hog I did not nor did he deny the law of any carry.

I've known the man personally for 34 years, a strong 2nd amendment advocate.

His words of wisdom should be used for knowledge in the process of making decisions that may one day change yer life for ever.

I totally agree with his opinion of the State Atty General. None of us want to be the first one to find out how a self defense shooting is actually going to be treated by our anti 2nd state gov't.