Sign in to follow this  
remthewanderer

We are being cut off from online stores!

This is based off of a topic in the General Forum. We need to make our voices heard. We need to call companies like Cabela's and Midway and tell them that their policies are not based upon NJ law but based upon laziness. Here are two examples.

Midway will not sell 9mm ammo to NJ residents. This is due to a piece of NJ gun law that reads as follows:

2C:58-3.3 "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.

1. a. As used in this act, "handgun ammunition" means ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun. "Handgun ammunition" shall not include blank ammunition, air gun pellets, flare gun ammunition, nail gun ammunition, paint ball ammunition, or any non-fixed ammunition.

b.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

Well, midway will sell 22LR but not 9mm. 22LR is used in handguns and rifles. There are carbines chambered for 9mm. Shouldn't that mean that 9mm is not HANDGUN ammunition in the eyes of NJ state law just like 22LR is not HANDGUN ammo.

Today I find out that Cabela's will not sell primers to NJ residents. I can not find any law in NJ that prohibits this. Can anyone here find anything?

Please call Cabela's corporate (1-308-254-5505) and midway corporate (573-447-5117 this is for the "office of the president") and voice your concerns. I know that I am considering selling my stock in Cabela's.

As someone pointed out in the other thread, "don't hate the sellers, hate the politicians" well I contact my representatives on a regular basis when these issues come up but I see this as another avenue.

I just got a voicemail back from Jeff at Cabela's. I am working on getting the voice mail into MP3 form. to paraphrase him, "even though we could sell primers in NJ we CHOOSE not to due to the legal ramifications"

well Cabela's, I CHOOSE to never shop in your store again and I CHOOSE to sell my Cabela's stock.

We need to call companies like Cabela's and Midway and tell them that their policies are not based upon NJ law but based upon laziness

Massachusetts residents have been going through this for years. On-line stores will not ship anything to the state even if legal. It is not worth the effort on their part as it is mostly an automated process to determine what the laws are and what items are legal and what items aren't legal. So they just ban all shipments. If the process wasn't so computerized, it may be different and some smaller operations might still ship. But I see all the big names but shutting off sales to NJ for any ammo related items in the near future. The cost of one violation in the case of MA and the subsiquent legal costs overrode any profits made up there.

I have heard that about Mass.

To me that policy is placating the lawmakers who want to ban guns altogether. If places like midway were such supporters of the 2nd then perhaps they would do whatever they could to work within the system instead of cutting off entire states like MA and NJ.

I still think if people from NJ call and tell these companies that you will be voting with your wallets then we might be heard.

Doesnt surprise me frankly. About 3 years ago I was in the market for an ACOG for an AR build I was doing. Found a really good deal on gunbroker, along with 2 other guns NEITHER ONE prohibited or controlled in any way by NJ law. the guy refused to sell anything to me because i was from NJ, even the optic. In the end he did me a favor because i found someone with the same optic $200.00 cheaper, but people are so afraid to mess around with our state it isnt funny. perhaps if we had an AG who was more interested in doing her job, rather than screwing around with non-criminals we'd all be better off.

I have the P30L. Loved it until I had a problem with 40 of 50 rounds jamming. Later found out it was the 100grain rounds rounds I had bought at the bullet hole. Eventhough I know the issue, I will stay nervous until I put another few hundred rounds through it with a problem.

I have the P30L. Loved it until I had a problem with 40 of 50 rounds jamming. Later found out it was the 100grain rounds rounds I had bought at the bullet hole. Eventhough I know the issue, I will stay nervous until I put another few hundred rounds through it with a problem.

I have put roughly 1000 rounds down the pipe, not the slightest issue whatsoever. Lawman, American Eagle, Blazer Brass, Remington UMC, Winchester White Box, Sellior Bellot. No problems.

Thats exactly why I bought it, heard the reliability was second to none. Lesson learned though, no cheap ammo even if it is the only thing available.

You do realize that the first 200-300 rounds should be something fully loaded or even +p? Preferably even heavier grain?

If you were shooting 100gr rounds, it wouldn't surprise me that it wouldn't cycle. I'd be willing to bet that after you get some more through it, it won't have a problem.

Also, rack the slide fully 50 times or so. The spring needs to get worked.