Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

Great support from RCBS

I have reloading equipment from all the major vendors, but RCBS has produced a few of the items I like the most; my RCBS automatic powder dispenser / scale system, my trickler, and my primer tool.

I bought an RCBS hand primer tool at Cabelas a few months ago. Unfortunately, although the box appeared factory sealed, it was missing the whole top platform, shell holder, springs, etc, from the top of the tool. It took me a while to figure out it was missing as I tried to figure out how this thing could possibly be used to insert primers!

I ended up buying another RCBS tool (this time with all the parts), and I love it. Several months passed, and I realized that if I got the spare parts for my first tool, I could just keep one setup for large primers, one for small primers, and I wouldn't have to change the internal parts when I switched.

I sent an email to RCBS with the necessary part numbers, and I told them that I would be happy to pay for the parts, and that the parts had probably been taken from the tool while it was on the shelf at Cabelas, and then had been sealed back up.

Got an email today from RCBS that they were sending me all the parts, and that they would be free, including shipping. Just a very short pleasant email.

I know that other people have had similar experiences with Hornaday, Dillon, Lee, etc. Just wanted to let you know that RCBS also has fantastic service. It seems like the metallic reloading equipment sector is populated with a bunch of companies that treat their customers right! What a great thing!