Sign in to follow this  
NJ609

Advice on Citori 425 Trap - Front Sight?

I'm interested in getting a hi-viz fiber sight for my Citori. I haven't taken a look yet if it's possible to remove the front white bump sight though.

I don't really like the magnetic sights, if I'm going to do it I want it to be attached to the rail not just "stuck" to it. Or do I?

I haven't done any work on a shotgun in a long time so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I got a Winchester branded magnetic light pipe sight for Godzilla from WalMart for $20. It was an impulse buy, but I wanted to see if I liked it. It came with a whole range of clips to fit any standard width vent rib.

It sits in front of the bead and completely obscures it. All I do is check it once or twice during a shoot to make sure it hasn't moved, or I could fix it permanently in place with a drop of Crazy Glue. It has never shaken off, but it did move off line just once.

I like it better than the white bead that's on the gun, but it does sit a bit higher, so I had to adjust my aim point just a little to accommodate it. No problem though.