mikelets456

Where in NJ is a good place to buy a .223/5.56 AR15?

The AR is not hard to assmeble but I doubt there are many "home builds" that rival the quality of a fcatory build. That's my opinion and I could be wrong.

Yeah you would be wrong with that assumption.

Yes a custom built rifle from the Big Boy's will be better then the average build but with

some know how and research into the part's you choose you can blow away any plain Jane

AR-15 sitting on the walls of your local shop. Building does not often save you a ton of cash what

it does it get you a better custom rifle that would cost more then buying a base and then adding what you want.

since the selection of ARs in NJ are somewhat limited, I just did my research online, ordered the upper that fit my wants/needs and shipped it to the house. since lowers are pretty much the same you can get the lower in NJ and either get a fully assembled lower or build one yourself, it really is easy peasey.

Building a lower is not really to difficult if you get a lower and a lower parts kit that is truly drop in. You will also require your stock, buffer tube, spring and buffer if you buy the stripped lower.

I would stick with a mid line lower even if fully assembled some times when going cheaper they just do not line up correctly with the upper. I am using a spikes lower from spikestatical.com that is on sale for $89.00 with shipping and transfer it came out to $150.00 it's one of the nicest finished lowers I have seen so far and it lines right up with my Armlite upper and is cheaper then you will find most striped lowers in NJ for. I am going to build the rifle this Friday when I get the rest of what I ordered in. I am using a DPMS lower parts kit but I here the CMMG ones are better and a bit easier to install.

There are many tutorials on AR-15.com and you can also check out AGI AR-15 builders courses.

They are about $50.00 but it's worth it.

I just installed a CMMG LPK - it was my first time putting a stripped lower together, so I have nothing to compare it to. Overall, it seemed like a decent LPK. Still waiting on the upper for it, so, can't say how good the trigger on it is yet. I will say that the selector detent was a HUGE pain in the a$$ for me. The selector just kept getting stuck in the fire position. At first I thought it was the spring that is held in place by the pistol grip that was causing me problems, so i trimmed it down, but that didn't help. I eventually swapped out the CMMG detent with a DPMS detent, and that solved the problem.