Mauser88

More Rainy Day Reloading

Rained around here for the better part of the day so I thought I'd do some .223 reloading today.

600 rounds of .55 grain FMJ .223 goodness!!! 25 grains of H335 powder.

Since I already had the brass the total cost was appx. $128.00

I currently reload for 20 rifle and pistol calibers.

If anyone is interested in starting just send me a PM and I'd be happy to give you a lesson. It's not as hard or dangerous as you may think.

I will have to give a couple a try, I like the #9 very consistant, all my cases end up within 12 inches of each other and accurate, the gun also stays very clean.

I will do 50 tomorrow with blue dot and give them a try..

heres a pic of 44mags off the press. 240 gr swc for redhawk.

reloaded44.jpg

On a happy note I was bs'ing with a rep from one of the bigger gun shops up here that features a large reloading section. Primers are now available in bulk from all three major manufacturers. They are now shipping in large bulk shipments. The supply of bullets is also getting vastly better.

Unfortunately, the firearm's manufacturers are experiencing a major slump in sales.

you mean they are getting back to normal..

Somewhat. I'd even bet those hundred dollar boxes of primers on GunBroker have dried up.

Pricing on bullets and primers is not what it was last year but $30 per k is the norm for primers of most manufacturers. The dealer was surprised at the shipments coming in. He orders by the pallet because he has a huge warehouse next to the store and does a lot of reloading business in the southern NH area.

I was talking to some SIG employees who said it was like someone turned off a switch. The sales just dropped right off. Dealers can't move the AR's they have in stock and some can't find the room to display them.

About the only place not really back to normal has been our Walmart. while ammo is now on the shelf, it still is hit or miss in some calibers. But better than the past when they were totally bare. Maybe just because ours is so popular and located in a great spot.