Sign in to follow this  
jersey_emt

Selling ammunition from home in NJ

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about what is required to sell ammunition from a home-based business in NJ. I know that if this is something that I truly wish to pursue, that I will need to speak with a lawyer. I am just curious if anyone could point me towards any state or federal laws, or general guidelines, as to what is required to store and sell ammunition (and possibly shooting accessories, but no actual firearms) in our state. Possibly even marketing and selling handloads -- I'm a very precise guy with some past chemistry experience (which are skills that translate directly to handloading), and have a friend in PA that handloads ammunition for his own personal use, and I greatly enjoyed the work despite the fact that it is repetitive and tedious.

Is some sort of FFL required? Is there a separate type of FFL for only selling ammunition and not firearms? I would think that shooting accessories wouldn't require anything other than a regular business license, but I'm not sure that's even something that I would want to get in to -- matching prices of large suppliers would be impossible for a small business.

Thanks!

If you intend to sell reloads I believe a substantial amount of liability insurance is called for - whether required or not. You need to factor this into your fixed costs.

Adios,

Pizza Bob