matt6669

Building an AR and I have no clue

I think I am going for a match grade trigger probably a double something like a giesette or something similar.

Triggers get expensive quickly. There are two I can vouch for that won't set you back quite as much as some others if you're not looking to compete in matches with the guns (in which case you'll probably want a two stage trigger, which I have little experience with).

There is a guy named Bill Springfield in Colorado Springs who does a very inexpensive trigger job (i.e. $40 for a 4lb pull, $50 for a 3lb pull). He does a lot of work for law enforcement and does all the ARs for the Air Force Academy's shooting team in town. I have his 3lb trigger job on my Colt Match Target. I have his 4lb trigger job on my Spikes Tactical AR -22 (Spikes Lower with their dedicated 22 upper). Both are great, with my nod going to the 3lb job if you want to target shoot. Here is his website:

http://www.triggerwork.net/. The best part is that he works on your stock hammer, trigger and disconnector. You just send him these three parts and he sends them back to you in a week. That's awesome turnaround for custom work. Look up "Bill Springfield Trigger" on Google and you will see a ton of positive comments on his work.

I have also shot ARs with Timney triggers. They are high quality single stage one-piece units that replace your entire fire control group. It is literally a drop-in unit. I think they are a little smoother than Bill's trigger, but for $200 I guess they should be. Here is the link for them:

http://www.timneytriggers.com/

Good luck!