Sign in to follow this  
bad64chevelle

Help Identifying a bayonet.

Mods, if this is in the wrong spot, pleace put it where it needs to do. I wasnt sure where I should place this.

I bought this bayonet about 6 years ago when I graduated high school from a small antique shot up in Maine for $10. I wasnt sure what it was from but I really wanted to own a piece of history so I bought it. I thought it may have been a German Dress bayonet but, I cant find others like it with the same markings. I am sure its a Carl Eickhorn by the etchings (see pictures) but after that I have not figured it out. Anyone have any insight as to what this may be? It definitely does not fit my K98 (its just a bit too small to fit on the lug)

Jon

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

It is a Mauser 98k parade bayonet made by Carl Eickhorn during the Nazi era.They are pretty common but rarer then the Military bayonet.It should fit your Mauser.. It has its finish worn away and looks to be painted over. It should be shiny like chrome. It should look like this in good condition.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-GERMAN-OFFICERS-PLATED-DRESS-MAUSER-BAYONET_W0QQitemZ400083127235QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d26d00bc3