lunker

Marlin Lever Gun in 357Mag

I know some people on the forum had been looking for this gun. I just got an e-mail from Buds Gun Shop. They have them in stock (don't know how many), and at a better price than I got mine. :(

If you want one, I would jump on it. These things fly out of the store.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/41044

Hey Chris, that link shows they're out of stock at 7pm. Could they have gone that fast? Damn.

Trust me. They go fast. The Buds price included shipping too!

These guys always seem to have a few in stock, but they are $80 more expensive.

Ron has one for sale for $530 new in box.

legacyfirearms.com He works out of his house in Wall.

Good guy to deal with.A great site to check out

marlinowners.com

Dave

I have tried to contact him several times in the last 2 months via e-mail and he never responds regarding other items.

I actually went tonight to get some prices on the Henry Big Boy and the Marlin 1984 20" octagon barrel in .357, it's a tuff

choice between the 2. The fit and finish on the Henry is a real beauty but the Marlin offers a bit more if you want to scope

it which I do not now but down the line it may become a need. The Marlin is also a rear loader as where the Henry loads from the front like a model 60 22lr.

The Henry rifle also has a lot of MIM parts. I don't know if that matters to you. It seems to bother a lot of the 1911 guys.

I had good luck with Olde English Outfitters in Ohio(see link below). $10 shipping too!

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/pro ... roduct=606

The Henry rifle also has a lot of MIM parts. I don't know if that matters to you. It seems to bother a lot of the 1911 guys.

I had good luck with Olde English Outfitters in Ohio(see link below). $10 shipping too!

http://www.oeoutfitters.com/scripts/pro ... roduct=606

I cannot find one online review or spec's break down that states it's parts are MIM.

Some people who did not own one were mistaking the Brass receiver for a painted aluminum receiver but that is all.

In any event I ordered one though TJ today and will post a review once I receive and shoot it.

Out of about 30 reviews I read on many different sites and online magazines I came across one guy that

had some issues and Henry replaced the rifle. It seems they have amazing customer service let's hope I never

have to deal with them.

I hope it works out. The Henry rifles certainly look nice. I believe I saw the MIM Info on the Firing Line and/or Marlin Owner's forum. I own guns that have MIM parts. I'm not overly stressed about it. I do think they look cheesy though (i.e. compare an old S&W revolver's trigger to the black pot-metal looking one on them these days). As long as the MIM parts are tucked out of view, they'll suffice. On the other hand, I am happy that a few of my favorite guns are all steel. Let us know how she shoots, or better yet come to BA on a Wednesday and let us all find out for ourselves. :)