jersey_emt

CCW reform bill in NJ: Assembly Bill 1384

Doing it legislatively means the legislature is in control. Let the federal courts do it and who knows? In particular if the suit comes out of PA instead of NJ...

Yes, but we can't put pressure on national level organizations OR other states. Our own legislature though, is something we can write to, call, email and in general make some noise with.

I was trying to say that the NJ Legislature would rather write the laws to loosen gun control as little as they can instead of having looser laws imposed from outside.

This is good in that it does let us have our input as well... Bad in that so does everyone else in NJ

Just received an actual letter in the mail from Andrew Ciesla, in response for a quick email I sent asking for support of the bill 2 days ago.

Dear Mr Blah

Thank you for your recent letter to my officer regarding A-1384, legislation which revises procedures for securing a permit to carry a hangun. I certainly appreciate your input.

Please be advised I will give your comments every consideration should this bill come before me for a vote in the senate.

Thank you for taking the time to contact my officer, and please feel free to contact me on this or any other issue in the future. Sincerely Andrew R. Ciesla

Senator, 10th district.

I was trying to say that the NJ Legislature would rather write the laws to loosen gun control as little as they can instead of having looser laws imposed from outside.

This is good in that it does let us have our input as well... Bad in that so does everyone else in NJ

No, they wouldn't they will be dragged, kicking, screaming, and fighting in court until they have NO choice, then move as slowly as only Government can do..... If they could get away with it they would ban ALL firearms tomorrow with full confiscation if they thought it would fly.