Theron

Anyone own a Browning T-Bolt?

Wanting to add a straight pull action to the collection I bought a Browning T-bolt target/varmint version in .22lr.

I'm a crap photographer so apologies in advance.

The first is the overview: 22" free floated heavy barrel with recessed crown, 10 round magazine, Browning proprietary rings which seem okay, but at this point I couldn't really tell the difference, and a Prostaff 3-9 I had laying around.

I don't know if they fiddled with it at the store, but out of the box the trigger has virtually no uptake or overtravel and breaks at 2.5 pounds. Sweet!

Initially the action was quite stiff, but after a thorough cleaning and 150+ cycles it has begun to smooth out.

The double helix rotary magazine uses a small geared assembly to make loading rounds smooth and easy. So far 150 rounds in I've yet to experience any feeding or extractio issues.[attachment=2]Browning T-bolt 001.jpg[/attachment]

I'm not familiar with straight pull actions. Is it exactly what it sounds like? You pull straight back instead of up and back like on most bolts?

Sounds like a nice little rifle. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly. I don't know if it will ever become as smooth as a regular bolt action as there is some force needed to push the bolt closed, but it's pretty cool. Someday I'd like to get a little time on an Anshutz rifle, the kind many biathlon shooters used. I think the rifles look cool and the actions (super tuned I'm sure) appeared nearly effortless to actuate.

You pull straight back instead of up and back like on most bolts?

I saw that Blaser is introducing a straight pull action this year in .308, .300 winmag and .338 Lapua. I'd really have to feel confident in the locking mechanism to put my face behind that.

the kind many biathlon shooters used.

I think this is the first year I ever watched the biathlon during the Winter Olympics, and it was pretty cool watching those guys manipulate the bolt. Such quick little movements. Would definitely be fun to play with one of those