Spartacus99

Excellent Handgun training at Gun for Hire

I took the NRA First Steps Pistol Orientation along with a friend today at Gun for Hire. The course was taught by Anthony. He went over everything necessary to enable us to be safe and feel comfortable handling a handgun. He also taught us dry fire exercises, range etiquette, and the proper technique for shooting accurately. I highly recommend this course at Gun for Hire for anyone that is new to firearms and wishes to develop the necessary knowledge needed for handling and shooting a handgun. Thank you, Anthony

It's a shame but there will be no dry firing or shooting for me until my FID comes in unless make a trip down to the Lakewood shops. Too bad I can't rent at Bullet Hole. I want to try shooting a 40 and 45 caliber to see how they feel.

Ya know what's better than renting? Shooting OPG! (other people's guns)

Show up at the Bullet Hole meet next tuesday 3/30 at 7pm and several someones will let you shoot whatever they have with them that night.

The wife and I took that course about 3 months ago and it really is worth it to get a firm base to build and learn off. If I remember it was 3 hrs of classroom and 1 hr across the street at the range.

Of course Anthony neglects :lol: to mention in his course that shooting is like crack.......because what started out as just a Glock 23 has turned into, a Glock 23 (.40) with a 9mm and .22 conversion kit, a S&W 6" 686, a Remington 870 Express, a S&W MP AR-15 (.223) with a .22 conversion kit, a S&W 15-22, and lastly a Savage FP 10 .308.

...now it's time to learn how to reload.....

There you go Anthony, new course.....How to reload using the Lee Classic Turret.

Z

I would like to sign my girlfriend and I(so that I can apply for a Florida/Utah CCW) up for this course, but I have to ask... will it be incredibly boring for a somewhat experienced shooter?

jon,

I don't think you will be bored. Anthony is an excellent communicator and will cover all the necessary subjects of the course. If you have developed any bad habits or practices this would be a good opportunity to recognize and correct them. Since the course is necessary for a CCW in those states I don't think you could go wrong, and I'm pretty sure you will find it worthwhile.

djg0770,

I believe I will take you up on that offer on the 30th. There seems to be a really cool community of people at The Bullet Hole. Would it be possible for my friend nunnay to come also? We took Anthony's class together and he is just as determined as I am to shoot again while we wait for our FID's

djg0770,

I believe I will take you up on that offer on the 30th. There seems to be a really cool community of people at The Bullet Hole. Would it be possible for my friend nunnay to come also? We took Anthony's class together and he is just as determined as I am to shoot again while we wait for our FID's

Sparty - I am still up in the air as to whether I will be there personally, however, I know Ray Ray will be there. I can tell you from experience that you will not be sitting back watching other people shoot, everyone will invite you to shoot something that they have brought with them, and will be offended if you refuse.

everyone will invite you to shoot something that they have brought with them, and will be offended if you refuse.

You guys are like drug dealers. You all know what happens when you let someone "try it once, for free". LOL

To the original poster...be careful, because you WILL get hooked. :twisted: :lol:

I took this course a while ago with my fiance. I knew a lot about guns, but had very little hands on experience. My girl had zero experience aside from going to a rental range in PA with me once many years ago. It's a GREAT way to get introduced to handguns.

I would like to sign my girlfriend and I(so that I can apply for a Florida/Utah CCW) up for this course, but I have to ask... will it be incredibly boring for a somewhat experienced shooter?

Even for the experienced shooter, it's a fun class cuz Anthony is quite the comedian :) I dunno how your gf is, but mine just refuses to listen to me when I try to show her how to do things. So having someone else show her to do things seemed to work a lot better than me trying to show her. Either way, it's a nice way to get her more comfortable and will make her a safer shooter regardless.