Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Linked Dummy Rounds?

OK, so I know with live ammo.. you can't link more than 15 rounds together, and non-disintegrating links have to be cut to no more than 15 rounds.

Does the law still apply to disintegrating links with "dummy" ammo. (once fired brass, no powder)?

Kind of want to use some for decorations.

Going by the pure letter of the law?? Yes it applies. Links are an "Ammunition Feeding Device". In your home, as a decoration? i dont see anyone giving you a beef for that. frankly i doubt most guys would even realize it was a violation, since belt-feds are pretty rare.

Heck...they sell these at the mall ....I even see them being worn in NYC....I once spoke to a gal wearing one, and mentioned that it might be technically problem, and she said a cop once stopped her and asked to check the belt to make sure they werent live rounds....I also suspect it might be because she is a hottie.

WACS140A.jpg

Dummy ammo is not ammo. There is no dangerous or destructive aspect, they are incapable of being fired.

And a 30 round magazine full of snap caps is STILL a 30 round magazine. Links are an ammunition feeding device.

So.. what if the links where permanently attached to the dummy round (eg, jb weld)

IMO then it would no longerr be an issue..but then again IMO it isnt any issue ANYWAY. The problem is MY opinion doesn't count for Dick. LOL

So.. what if the links where permanently attached to the dummy round (eg, jb weld)

IMO then it would no longerr be an issue..but then again IMO it isnt any issue ANYWAY. The problem is MY opinion doesn't count for Dick. LOL

LOL..

I was just thinking out loud. Seems like bullets are around $0.25 a round.. so I might be better off just bringing this brass to the scrap yard than reloading it with dummy bullets :-P (Berdan Primed Surplus).