Sign in to follow this  
Spartacus99

Just got my FID and permits

I shot a variety of 9mm's and a Dan and Wesson 1911. I like the DW the best. I thought there would be more recoil on a 45 but it shot smooth and accurate. I don't want a 1911 just ye,t but do want a 45. Should I get a SIG 220 without ever having fired one? Will I be disappointed after having fired a DW?

I would definitly shoot it first, but damned if I know who owns one. 1911's, on the other hand, alot of us have. So what have you decided on in 9mm? And how many handgun permits did you get?

I got 2 permits. The detective was very cool. He said that I don't really have to even wait 30 days between gun purchases, just to not try using both of them at the same time. Not sure if he is correct about that. I'm going to Shore Shot on Friday to try out the 220 and a bunch of others. I'm still not closed to the idea of a 1911. I was thinking about getting a Kimber Custom II or a Taurus PT1911, but I heard that they need a break-in period and are a little finicky and I don't want to get too complicated with my first pistol. I'm not sure which 9mm I want yet but so far the pistols I liked shooting were the Beretta PX4 and Walther 99.

A 9mm and a .45 make a great pair to own. If you have some interest in Sigs, check out the P226 in 9mm if you can. I absolutely love mine. You could always start with the 9mm and then get a 1911. I plan on getting a 1911 as my next handgun (hopefully this week or next). Good Luck! :handgestures-thumbup:

Yeah... don't listen to that detective.... :?

Spartacus99, PM me if your interested in shooting a sig p226 9mm I will let you shoot mine.

For your first I would get a 9mm ammo is so much cheaper = MORE RANGE TIME.

for me next purchase will be a 1911 as well even though I really like the 92fs inox

im