Sign in to follow this  
GoNRA

Anyone going to see the new freddy?

Jackie Earle Haley is awesome in that gritty, no-nonsense type of way. I really enjoy his character on Human Target (the show on Fox I think).

As for the movie, eh, maybe. I'm not that old at all, but it seems like my entire youth is already in the process of being remade (aka trashed).

The concept behind Freddy always fascinated me the most. Jason had some Freudian issues; once I got past the fact that Chucky was simply a doll I stopped checking under my bed; etc. Freddy on the other hand... it does play into the whole psyche thing (how Freddy is only kept around because people fear him, etc), but its well done. I think this movie could be done well (I don't know anything about it)... but it could use how social networking is so global now, and from old stories, it somehow leads to Freddy manifesting himself again. Then of course that's just my logical breakdown, and Hollywood is far from logical.