Sign in to follow this  
intercooler

question about the permit forms

in question 26 it asks "Have you ever been attended, treated or observed by any doctor or psychiatrist or at any hospital or mental

institution on an inpatient or outpatient basis for any mental or psychiatric condition"

I have seen a psychologist for some marital and stress related advice. I do not have any "condition" (i was also a psych major in college at the time) so I was unsure how to answer. I asked the woman at the PD about it and told her that I had seen a psychologist a few years ago and she immediatley said that i had to say yes to the question.

so i did, i provided the dr info and all.

Problem I have is that I re read the question after I had handed the form in and I really do think that the question was answered incorrectly. I think I should have said NO. I re filled the paperwork out and dropped them off at the PD after hours, I asked for the old ones to be tossed out.

Is this a simple mistake or did I just screw myself?

I also wanted to get 2 pistol permits and was told that they issue only 1 at a time and when I questioned it, i treated in a less than agreeable way...as the whole experience went honestly. :cry: I really don't like when people make the rules as they go

I am gonna call the chief and just clarify the mistake and the number of permits.

I wanted to get 2 because I was gonna get a 1911 and in a month or so, maybe a 9mm (and a 22 conversion) If I see a nice one. I understand that a pistol permit is good for 90 days and it is a good ideas to get 2 when you first apply as you won't need to do all the stuff over and overall means less hassle.

in question 26 it asks "Have you ever been attended, treated or observed by any doctor or psychiatrist or at any hospital or mental

institution on an inpatient or outpatient basis for any mental or psychiatric condition"

Counseling is not a psychiatric condition.

I know that, hence my concern that i andwered wrong. should i be worried? i did drop off new forms and will call tomorrow to make sure.

The person was too busy tring to leave for a 3 day weekend to listen to me apparently OR must have mis understood the question and gave me bad info ..I would like to think the latter was the case, but now i have a forms that were done wrong there and replacements dropped off.

I know that, hence my concern that i andwered wrong. should i be worried? i did drop off new forms and will call tomorrow to make sure.

The person was too busy tring to leave for a 3 day weekend to listen to me apparently OR must have mis understood the question and gave me bad info ..I would like to think the latter was the case, but now i have a forms that were done wrong there and replacements dropped off.

Call the detective in charge of firearms applications and explain why you answered the way you did on the first form and why you submitted a second form. You don't want to be charged with falsifying information...

If you put on the form "I saw a marriage counselor" they're probably just going to ignore it but I would contact the detective in any case and just explain it. Maybe he'll have you submit new paperwork or maybe he just won't care.

I called this morning and talked to the lady I gave the original forms to, she got the ones i dropped off later last night and said no problem. i spoke to someone there and explained what i did and I did the right thing by re submitting the forms.

"hopefully" I will be ok. time will tell.

I feel like :deadhorse: so I am gonna cross my fingers and let it ride. I should be fine, I can't see where going to a psych to get help with minor marital and stress reduction constitutes a condition. it is what it is, I will prepare for disappointment, but hope for a good outcome. (it should be ok, that is my gut feeling) :|

I also wanted to get 2 pistol permits and was told that they issue only 1 at a time and when I questioned it, i treated in a less than agreeable way...as the whole experience went honestly. I really don't like when people make the rules as they go

I recently asked for and received 6 pistol purchase permits (Hamilton TWP). PPP's are good for 90 days and can be extended for another 90, so six makes sense. If you anticipate being able to qualify for an ogam exemption, then you can justify (not that you have to) asking for more than 6, unless you just don't want to pay the extra $2 each.

My philosophy is to always have current PPP's on hand, then when that gun presents itself, your not scrambling and waiting.

BTW, after incorporation, intentionally dissuading you from exercising your right to own a gun by lying about the law will be considered oppression and will be a violation of one or more Federal criminal statutes, 18/241 and 242 and 42/1983 (civil statute). Bozos like the one you discribed are going to get schooled quickly. :naughty:

I also wanted to get 2 pistol permits and was told that they issue only 1 at a time and when I questioned it, i treated in a less than agreeable way...as the whole experience went honestly. :cry: I really don't like when people make the rules as they go

I am gonna call the chief and just clarify the mistake and the number of permits.

I wanted to get 2 because I was gonna get a 1911 and in a month or so, maybe a 9mm (and a 22 conversion) If I see a nice one. I understand that a pistol permit is good for 90 days and it is a good ideas to get 2 when you first apply as you won't need to do all the stuff over and overall means less hassle.

http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=88992#p88992

Tell him he's wrong then wait for him to say he is right. Then bet him a class III permit that you're right and show him that. :lol: I put in for 3 permits the other day.