9thMarines

Buckmark Camper-Pro Target question...

Just picked up a new Buckmark Pro Target to try my hand at 25 yard Bullseye shooting. Being an old wheel-gunner (cept' for the required Springfield 1911) I have a question on the Buckmark. Owners manual does NOT state you aren't supposed to dry fire and the dealer said it was not a problem on these newer rimfires. Is that correct???? Bought a pack of dry fire caps anyway.

Secondly. Noted that when I did a dry fire, it took an act of congress to try and pull the slide back. I'm 75 but not THAT weak,yet. This happened each time. Dry fired without the cap and same thing.

This only happens when you pull the trigger. Other than that the slide works just fine. Just got the gun today and don't want to shoot it until I know if there is a problem. I did clean the gun and lightly oil the slide.

Any thoughts? Is this normal for this gun? Many thanks.

you are never supposed to dry fire a rimfire firearm. it strikes where the barrel meets the receiver and can break the firing pin so if i were you i would use the snap caps. not sure about the normality of the slide but since it is a target pistol the action will be tighter and it is probably tighter after you fire because you are cocking the hammer back and that might be tight since it is new so it will probably loosen up after a few hundred rounds

I've had the same issue - it helped a bit to lube the mechanism that cocks the hammer, and the connecting pieces down in the grip (ignoring the lack of proper part descriptions). it's almost always fired fine that way though - occasion FTE that could be as much from over build-up on an old gun.