Krdshrk

Fowler Firearms - Fort Myers, FL

Stopped by Fowler Firearms today in Fort Myers, FL. I'm down here on a business trip. Great timing - it's free lanes today for Men (men's day is fridays). Also free rentals! All you had to pay for was ammo and targets!

Ammo prices were ok - $20 for a box of 50 9mm. The .223 ammo was relatively cheap - $9 for 20 rounds.

They have a decent rental board. I tried out a M&P 9, Springfield XD 9, and the M&P AR15 :)

I saw they had Glocks galore, Ruger SR9, Beretta CX4 Storm (.40), Sig P226, S&W Sigma 9, USP .40, FNP .40, Beretta 92FS, S&W 686, several 1911's including one in 9mm, CZ 75, Walther P22, M&P 15-22, Bushmaster AR-15, and a bunch more that I can't remember or can't name.

If you guys are ever down this way, check them out. The range isn't that big (only 6 lanes - 25 Yards), but it's decent and clean.

http://www.fowlerfirearms.com/

... also - didn't like the M&P 9 or the XD9. M&P 9's trigger safety was biting into my finger with each shot, and the XD9 just didn't feel right.

That's so weird, I was down there myself late last year while on vacation. I was looking for a place to shoot close by and went to Fowler. I rented a glock 36 and a Ruger 22 I forget which kind. Ammo wasn't cheap but the place was as you said clean and decent. No charge to rent but you have to buy their ammo.

I called ahead to find out if CCW was permitted. The guy on the phone was like, "as long as I don't know about it, but if you take it out to shoot it we're gonna have a problem". Once I got there I saw the signs out front about NO FIREARMS. Maybe I mis-remember and it was no LOADED firearms. But in any case I think it was all about using their ammo because shooting is not charged on their range, you have to buy their ammo. I don't think they really give a crap if you CCW there, so long as you keep it concealed.

Anyway I liked the place, it was pretty busy with people buying guns, and they had a nice selection. The guys working the counter seemed like young ex-military, at least that was my impression. Outside the range they had this counter with seats like a coffee bar, with color monitors above watching the range ports. It was kinda cool to relax and wait for my BIL who was still shooting.

I called ahead to find out if CCW was permitted. The guy on the phone was like, "as long as I don't know about it, but if you take it out to shoot it we're gonna have a problem". Once I got there I saw the signs out front about NO FIREARMS. Maybe I mis-remember and it was no LOADED firearms. But in any case I think it was all about using their ammo because shooting is not charged on their range, you have to buy their ammo. I don't think they really give a crap if you CCW there, so long as you keep it concealed.

Anyway I liked the place, it was pretty busy with people buying guns, and they had a nice selection. The guys working the counter seemed like young ex-military, at least that was my impression. Outside the range they had this counter with seats like a coffee bar, with color monitors above watching the range ports. It was kinda cool to relax and wait for my BIL who was still shooting.

Yeah the gun shop was nice and the lounge area was good too. I wish the range was bigger but it wasn't a big deal as there were still free ports when I went in there. The sign outside says "no loaded guns" - all guns going inside have to be unloaded, which is fine. Still if you have a CCW you don't have to worry. If you take out the gun while not on the range though, they'll have a problem.