GoNRA

Rallies over mosque near ground zero get heated

45 Park place is the Ground Zero victory mosque proposed site.

Flight 175 flew into the south tower, WTC2. Flight 175 was piloted by Mohammad Atta.

You can google it if you don't believe Wiki.

The mosque already exists and has been there for 27 years if you mean the park 51 or cordoba house, it is a community center that they (in my opinion) have all the right to erect. This controversy is racism not patriotism. what makes me sick is that America has yet again taken their eyes off the ball (economy, bail outs, war with no end, etc) and is instead focusing on frivolous BS.

Flight 175 flew into the south tower, WTC2. Flight 175 was piloted by Mohammad Atta.

This controversy is racism not patriotism.

Muslims aren't a race. You liberals want to turn this into racism. It isn't. It's respect for the 2600 people killed by muslims. You want to down there and piss on their graves, go ahead. Anywhere will do, pieces of human DNA is all over the area.

The "Community center" will behave just like a mosque. The mosque that was there before was NOT on this space. This is a new muslim victory center.

Build the fucker somewhere else.

This controversy is racism not patriotism.

Muslims aren't a race. You liberals want to turn this into racism. It isn't. It's respect for the 2600 people killed by muslims. You want to down there and piss on their graves, go ahead. Anywhere will do, pieces of human DNA is all over the area.

The "Community center" will behave just like a mosque. The mosque that was there before was NOT on this space. This is a new muslim victory center.

Build the fucker somewhere else.

Your absolutely right, Islam is not a race but this boils down to resentment towards all people of middle eastern decent of which a majority are Islamic. The people whom took down the towers were bat shit crazy Islamic extremists not your regular Joe schmo off the street, we have those same extremists in every religion, race, etc. The actions of a few doesn't represent the majority. If that were so my Egyptian friend who is Islamic would have been happy to hear his uncle died working in the towers instead he was a mess asking the same questions we all asked when it happened. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should ban it or create legislation against it....we already have plenty of politicians doing that to our interests (including 2a). Also, I'm not a liberal, i apologize that i support the liberties that our forefathers fought and died for in order to establish a country that entitles both you and I to our opinions.

PS the pissing on the graves of 9/11 statement. i think the government putting this country in the poor house invading a country that had no involvement in 9/11 and lying about it did that already. what we need to do is unite instead of constantly divide.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you should ban it or create legislation against it.

Anyone here saying it they don't have a constitutional right not to build it? No. So stop suggesting it.

If these guys want to show Islamic tolerance, build it somewhere else. Instead they're going to shove a minaret right up our ass and say "you be the tolerant one". How about some respect for the dead? No, instead they're going to shove a big fat one in and proclaim victory.

we have those same extremists in every religion, race, etc

Yeah? Who blew up a Somalian Hotel today? Amish?

Who is blowing up someone every day? Quakers? Hindus? Buddhists? Catholics?

Every single day on the news, there's one group of people blowing something up. It's not Christians, it's not Jews, it's not Hindus.

Stop trying to make other religions equally responsible for carnage around the world. It's just not true and you know it.

Arguing about religion and factoring it into history is a vicious cycle. Every religion has been responsible for mass murder throughout time-- many of them considered terrorist attacks.

In this modern era, I agree that intolerance should not be met with further intolerance. The mosque being built is not succumbing to Islam... and no, I don't favor Islam or any of that riff-raff (or any religion for that matter). We're all free men (and women), and its our choice to let something like this weigh on our souls or to keep living off our knees.

Let em build it... then some extremist redneck with a truck full of ANFO can drive through the front door. With all the media hype this place has a big bullseye on it.

Then again, the islamc extremeists themselves would be happy blow it up, let everyone assume it was the US (again :roll: )and use the dead muslim moderates as a propaganda tool thoughout the middle east. It has happened before.

There are Hindu and Sikh temples and Muslim Mosques popping up all over the place around by me as well as huge expansions of Korean presbyterian churches. The only objections being raised are zoning and congestion issues the same ones brought up with any large development. I'm sure the story is the same everywhere. But ground zero is different and for anyone who has lived in this country on or after 9-11 not to understand why is just plain sad.

The only ones who bring race into it are themselves the racists.

People who think they know my thoughts because the color of my skin are themselves consumed with race issues.

Remember all the mosque's assaulted in the USA right after 9-11 ??

No you dont because there were not any assaults. So dont even mention discrimination in this debate because it simply does not exist with 99% of the people who oppose this Mosque.

I oppose it because it's in poor taste and judgment. And I feel it has a touch of the F-u factor from those high up pushing for it. And that group includes our president and mayor of NY.