Anselmo

Permit denied

Guest denn

haha yea real bad in nj i problem am iv just read that when you apply and have to put that you were denied it makes it a pain and grounds for another denial

To wrap up my original thread now that I see it back. In summary: I applied got denied, expunged, reapplied, got denied again, appealed to superior court and the judge granted my appeal. I had my permits in hand 2 weeks after the hearing.

If you don't mind, did they have any specific reasons that it wasn't in the best interests of society? Or did they just not want to let you buy a handgun?

First denial was not in best interests and they mentioned the disorderly persons statute I was convicted of.

The second denial after expungment was not in the best interests based on past criminal background.

First denial was not in best interests and they mentioned the disorderly persons statute I was convicted of.

The second denial after expungment was not in the best interests based on past criminal background.

Wow, denied for a disorderly persons and then again after an expungement? They really need to get rid of the "not in the best interests of society" part, way way too vague. Especially considering that per NJ statute, PDP and DP are not "crimes" at all...

Wow, denied for a disorderly persons and then again after an expungement? They really need to get rid of the "not in the best interests of society" part, way way too vague. Especially considering that per NJ statute, PDP and DP are not "crimes" at all...

Being a habitual drunkard isn't a crime yet they can still use it as a basis to deny you.

To wrap up my original thread now that I see it back. In summary: I applied got denied, expunged, reapplied, got denied again, appealed to superior court and the judge granted my appeal. I had my permits in hand 2 weeks after the hearing.

Well congrats to you bro! I just got my FID. I thought I would be denied. I want through some years of depression. My ex was a disaster. Then all in less than 6 months I found out my wife was cheating, I filed for divorce which led to having to file bankruptcy and losing my house, my mom died of cancer and I lost my job. It was a tough time. I consciously chose to see a psych and get on some meds for a while to pull me out. I have since past all that. Off that anti-depressants and living a blessed life with an amazing woman.

I was back and forth whether to be truthful. I talk to the lady at PD and she said to be honet. I attached a letter to my app with all these details and the docs info I saw and requested they call. I received a call 2/10 I got my FID. It was a great feeling that the past is truly the past.

I thought a expungement removed the past criminal background? What good is an expungement if your prior background gets you denied?

I thought a expungement removed the past criminal background? What good is an expungement if your prior background gets you denied?

A. The police knew about prior background before expungement so make sure you expunge first then apply.

B. The judge said he could still deny based on prior background despite the expungement. In my case, the judge didn't treat the expungement to seal my background but more as a sign that I wanted to clear my name. The judge implied that he would have granted the appeal without the expungement but getting it tipped the scales further in my direction.