bipr8

Fort Dix Trap/skeet Shooting?

I was considering joing Dix to shoot trap and skeet maybe once or twice a month. I am a bit worried though that there will a ridiculous wait to get on a course. Anyone ever shoot trap there? How crowded does it get on a Sat.? Thanks.

I was considering joing Dix to shoot trap and skeet maybe once or twice a month. I am a bit worried though that there will a ridiculous wait to get on a course. Anyone ever shoot trap there? How crowded does it get on a Sat.? Thanks.

Haven't been in a while but only had a wait for trap/skeet when there are skeet competitions going on but if you ask at the front desk you can get a list of when they are. There are more skeet ranges than trap so there may occasionally be a wait for trap (I don't shoot trap), but I would expect it wouldn't be long. The rifle/pistol range is what usually has a wait and when it does there's a one hour limit. I've never had a time limit imposed on the skeet fields.

Are you going to the meetup there this Saturday? May be a good time for you to check it out. It's certainly worth the membership fee. $60 per year. $3 for every 25 clays. Computer keeps track of it. You pay when you're done.