Sign in to follow this  
Redfish62

WARNING: Mini GunVault - GV1000C-DLX

About a year ago I purchased a Mini Gunvault Model: GV1000C-DLX ( http://www.gunvault.com/handgun-safes/mini-mini-deluxe.html ) and the power cord. I test the vault once a week and it has worked fine. This morning while making the bed I bumped into the night stand which the vault is mounted to and the door open on its own. I closed the door and tried the combination but now the power cord does not work and the only way to open it is with the key. The unit does have a battery back up system so I replaced the batteries and still nothing is working. I relocated the firearm to my gun safe and sent an email to the manufacture to see if there is a problem with the vaults but they have not gotten back to me.

About a year ago I purchased a Mini Gunvault Model: GV1000C-DLX ( http://www.gunvault.com/handgun-safes/mini-mini-deluxe.html ) and the power cord. I test the vault once a week and it has worked fine. This morning while making the bed I bumped into the night stand which the vault is mounted to and the door open on its own. I closed the door and tried the combination but now the power cord does not work and the only way to open it is with the key. The unit does have a battery back up system so I replaced the batteries and still nothing is working. I relocated the firearm to my gun safe and sent an email to the manufacture to see if there is a problem with the vaults but they have not gotten back to me.

Have mine over year and zero issues with it so far. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

A system is only as reliable as it's least reliable component. I spend a great deal of time and money testing my pistols for reliability. I'm not going to have it disabled by a gunvault that works most of the time for most people. I prefer the simplex lock on a Vline or Ft Knox.