Guest Edwintrz

Stressed in Elizabeth !

Guest Edwintrz

When I went to purchase handgun I was informed by one of the stores clerck that it's had expired the day before.So I went back to the Elizabeth precinct to get an extension .I was informed by them that they can't extend it and that I would have

to apply again . Which ticked me off ! But agreed to do it but decided to apply for three permits . I was then informed that I could only do one per application Because the chief would not do it which was major BS. Now it's been over three months and repeated call still

Told to wait. What can I do?

"I was then informed that I could only do one per application"

Then go back every week and fill out an application.

It's $18 every time, so that doesn't work.

I would call the state police about the one permit per application. That is completely incorrect. I applied for 4 permits 2 months ago (applied well in advance of when I would need them) and they dragged their feet. I am about to get them today or Monday. I even asked then to raise it to 7 and she did it.

When I went to purchase handgun I was informed by one of the stores clerck that it's had expired the day before.So I went back to the Elizabeth precinct to get an extension .I was informed by them that they can't extend it and that I would have

to apply again . Which ticked me off ! But agreed to do it but decided to apply for three permits . I was then informed that I could only do one per application Because the chief would not do it which was major BS. Now it's been over three months and repeated call still

Told to wait. What can I do?

OK, lets get this out of the way. They are lying to you. They can extend the permit expiration date with a simple signature. You can fill for as many permits as you like. Urban towns are motherfuckers when it comes to granting permits. I used to have to go every week and pester them in Jersey City when I lived there. If I didn't, the permit would NEVER come. It is up to you to force them.

How you choose to handle this is up to you. I don't know if you have any lawyer friends that can draft a letter threatening the police department and town with legal action (i.e. costing them money they don't have), but that or hiring one to do the same may be the only way to get the wheels of justice turning. If you submit to them, it will NEVER get any better.

The suggestion to call the state police is a good one. They will tell you what has been said here. I would walk into the police department and inform the person in charge that you have notified the state police about their ILLEGAL actions and your intention to follow up with legal action. It is obvious you are in a location where playing nice and following their ILLEGAL rules will get you NOWHERE.

//Rant off

Lovely Elizabeth. The only town to refuse to participate in the NJSP Gang Survey. Very Anti-Gun town. Sad to say, a threatining letter from an attorney or notifying the NJSP wont do you much good. The only thing that matters in Elizabeth is what Mayor Chris says. He's part of that whole Lesniak, Cryan crew. Your best bet is if you know anyone in the police dept. Talk to them and see if they could nudge the chief for you.

I would detail all this in a letter to NJSP not a phone call. Some say thsi won't get you anywhere but it it won't make it any worse.

I grew up in Elizabeth and saw it go downhill as I grew up. The only reason I find to go back there is Chris' Hot Dogs on Elizabeth Avenue by the cannon and lemon ice on 4th Avenue (although I haven't been there for awhile).

I would detail all this in a letter to NJSP not a phone call. Some say thsi won't get you anywhere but it it won't make it any worse.

I grew up in Elizabeth and saw it go downhill as I grew up. The only reason I find to go back there is Chris' Hot Dogs on Elizabeth Avenue by the cannon and lemon ice on 4th Avenue (although I haven't been there for awhile).

How about Spirito's just down the block? Great Italian food, family style. Not expensive either.

How about Spirito's just down the block?

They must have come back. Spirito's went downhill in the 70s AFAIC. Went there a few times in the 80s and it hadn't come back. I'll give them a shot sometime based on your assessment.

Chris' Hot Dogs on Elizabeth Avenue by the cannon

Actually its Jerry's Hot Dogs, I confused it with another place. I've been eating their chili dogs for over 50 years and they have the best hot dog chili ever created. It's been in the same family and they still use the same secret recipe. If you're thinking of smoking hot chili this ain't it. To savor the elegance you must have your dogs with chili, mustard and (raw)onions.

Guest Edwintrz

I want to thank everyone for there reply. As for my problem it sucks I've been a respectful gun owner for 40 year. I just feel that should mean something . I think the laws here in NJ are made to suppress our right as Americans . How can they say we can have one gun every 30 days . When the process can take months . What they really mean is you can get ore or two a year if you lucky.

I wish I was back in Arizona ahhh the good old days.

Guest Edwintrz

Another call another BS answer still waiting for background check goin on 4 months . There excuse is that the Elizabeth PD excepts more application than most municipalities so the wait is longer. Can we say gun contol in a city level !

Another call another BS answer still waiting for background check goin on 4 months . There excuse is that the Elizabeth PD excepts more application than most municipalities so the wait is longer. Can we say gun contol in a city level !

Thats in part because those dipshits won't let you have more than one handgun per app. They're causing there own logjam. Government efficiency at it's finest. I would spend the $20 a week, every week, just to be an a** and add to there paperwork and kind of laugh at them every week as I drop off more paperwork for them. Just think about the resources being wasted on this nonsense.

Guest Edwintrz

Thats in part because those dipshits won't let you have more than one handgun per app. They're causing there own logjam. Government efficiency at it's finest. I would spend the $20 a week, every week, just to be an a** and add to there paperwork and kind of laugh at them every week as I drop off more paperwork for them. Just think about the resources being wasted on this nonsense.

The funny part is everytime I go there the guys always sittin doing nothing .

They actually think people are dump and believe there BS. Still we must bite the

Bullet in order the get what we want.