Sign in to follow this  
NJ609

Have to give props to Franklin Twp PD

Saw that Maks was giving credit to his PD for a positive experience and I thought that's a pretty appropriate thing for us to do from time to time. So easy to dump on them when it goes bad, so I feel I need to say something nice for a good experience too.

I had an issue that went from the SP to my local PD for some clarification of information. The CPL in charge of permits was courteous and understood how I'd be a bit apprehensive that they would call me about the permit but we got it all worked out and he's taking care of the issue. I can't really say it could have gone any better so they deserve some credit this time!

I'm glad that you had a good experience with Franklin Twp, but, for the record, they are one of the more egregious offenders when it comes to adhering to the law, as it regards FPID or P2P application. They are the only municipality, so far, that I have come across that has a form requiring the name of an adult member of your household so they can send a questionnaire. The law specifically prohibits references being family members, and if you are applying for an FPID or P2P, you are an adult. What? Now we need permission from our mommies?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

You are correct. They take too long, send out notices, and in general do not recognize our rights. And last time I went to get permits I had to pester the crap out of them or it would have taken even longer than it did. I still maintain that someone needs to bring them up with the State Police or even sue them due to these violations.

However, and I ask that you consider this as you reply, this time was a positive interaction and deserved to be noted as such.

Sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and thank someone when its due, even if you don't like them. This is a case where the guy could have probably made my life a living hell, but instead was helpful and understanding.

So both of you are right. They ask for permission which is illegal and insulting. And yes, I am FULLY aware of the post you linked to.

But to ignore all positive interactions just because they don't help us make our point lessens the point we are making.

Not trying to detract from your post, but to me, 1 time going there and getting a little bit of information clarified does not make up for a history of poor performance and illegal activities.

This wasn't a small issue. And I was happy with how it was resolved. So that's what I posted.

Doesn't let them off the hook for their past though.