saus

First reloading bench

I spent most of the day cleaning up my garage and setting up my first reloading bench. After setting up an old work bench and bolting it to the wall, I st up a Lee turret with thr 4 die set and dry loaded some ammo. Here is the result.

Now all I need is a scale, case trimmer, pocket cleaner and a tumbler and I'll be ready to load.

AVzH5.jpg

Thanks guys! I ordered the additional items that I needed from Cabelas (scale, caliper, tumbler, a pocket cleaner, etc.) and as soon as it gets here I'll be set for my first loads. Can't wait to "roll" my own! :smoke:

Feels good to make your own ammo, look into casting for even more savings. I make .45 ACP for 4.6 cents a round!!

Cost of supplies is almost negligible to me now. teh problem is shooting it all and reloading it on this single stage. I will buy a progressive this spring.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Flux raider brace version fine.  Stock version no. These chassis systems have "Magazine holders" that are not vertical (angled) so they're technically  Chassis systems like the CAA MCK/Micro Roni and the Recover 20/20 have stabilizers and no VFG...  a semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following: 1. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; 2. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer; 3. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned; 4. manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and 5. a semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; Only 3 - the Barrel Shroud one applies here.  #1 - grey area... it's not feeding the gun like how the law is written.  
    • Beretta PX4 Full Size 9mm Type F that has been converted to a Type G (decock only). Upgrades include: - Type G Stealth/Low Pro Levers and Slide Release Conversion ($85 + Install) - Truglo Tritium Pro Sights, White Focus Ring Front Sight ($75 + Install) - PX4 D Spring ($10) - 3rd Magazine ($30) All parts professionally installed by gunsmith. Pistol has 400rds through it. All original parts (Type F levers, Sights, etc.) are included in sale. Original Beretta case and all contents included in sale. 3-10rd mags (these are the original mags that came with it). Pistol is in Excellent condition, there are a couple minor smudges on the lower part of the slide near the frame which I guess is from the sight vise. If I didn't point them out you wouldn't even notice. Between the gun, parts, and gunsmith labor, taxes, etc., I have about $900 into it.   $600   Sale is Cash Only.    I'm in Whippany near Morristown. I will travel within a reasonable distance to meet at your preferred FFL to do the transfer. Buyer pays transfer fees  
    • Mother's Day Weekend Bump!