Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Shoot_It_All

update hackensack nj fid & p2p

So it is coming to the end of day 28 in another foray into the murky waters of constitutional infringement and i stopped in the pd to speak with the clerk who handled my paperwork and asked to know the progress of my apps. She said how long ago did you do it i said paperwork handed in 4 weeks ago to the day and references were back 2 weeks ago to the day and that i was curious as if it got back from the state of not. She let me know how now its in the hands of the officer who signs off on the cards; she was helpful and wrote down his number and when i should call. she also said "let me be honest with you" which made my heart sink. she said i don't think they are signing any pistol permits now.... this nearly made my head explode. apparently (and i heard a couple things to the effect) but the chief of police was kicked out arrested and is waiting trial for witness tampering insurance fraud and a couple other things. the department has been under investigation/monitoring for over a year now.

so i will call the officer on the 30 day mark and hopefully it shouldn't take too long. attached below is the article about the whole thing with the chief and department..... so the boys in blue are the harbingers of truth and justice.... apparently not so much and don't get me wrong i don't think all cops are crooked but "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" and the blue wall of silence is a real thing and were all human. its just aggravating that the state turned over essential control of our 2nd amendment right over to clerks, cops, and bureaucrats all of which are fallible corruptible humans instead of leaving it to the essence in which our free country was founded on.

sorry if im :thsmiley_deadhorse: but i feel like i keep :banghead: i guess thats why playing the fid game in nj is similar to :roulette:

Hackensack nj pd investigated

Im sure he does, i do not know if he can or cant sign off, as the chief is "suspended". The Bergen County prosecutor is somehow running or monitoring the dept. You might want to contact them and see if the captain can sign it. Unless there is someone else here who would know. I think it has to be a chief or superintendent.

From what I gathered apparently in hpd an officer is in charge of the fids but I was under the impression that the most superior officer in the separtmen5 needss to sign them

update just called the desk officer.... he said hes waiting on the mental health check from the state and my references. idk how a mental health check can take more than a 5 minute computer searchbut apparently according to this officer it sometimes takes 3-4 months. and as far as the references go they were put in a clerks outbox to go to him and in the two weeks since i dropped them off apparantly his "big pile of mail" is so big he hasnt gotten down to mine yet...

i just pray that some inept pencil pushin clerk didnt lose my references and i hope to god that the mental health check doesnt take 4 months.

the officer came across as nice and not resentful towards applicants as ive experienced in the past however doesnt mean ill get it any sooner :facepalm: