Sign in to follow this  
jcerillo70

I found the most beautiful Holster/Rig !!!

So im looking for a uspsa/idpa Rig for my Glock 34. In my Failing journey i ran across the most beautiful Rig i have ever seen.

So there's "Supposedly" a website called > www.pennercustomleather.com/ <...

I tried going to it but i guess its down or not in business anymore.

The gentleman has this on his 1911, when i saw it i said i must have it

.IMG_0657-1.jpg?

Where can i get one?

The leather is really nice, but you seem so shocked?

Numerous leather companies can make custom rigs for you. A simple googlesearch will bring them up. It's great as you can customize what type/color/design of leather and anything else you want in it. They aren't cheap though, just a heads up.

Also, a lot of people seem to frown on leather holsters and whatnot for competition. But do what you prefer. I love my leather holster, and am looking forward to compare it to my Bladetech that should be here any day.

The leather is really nice, but you seem so shocked?

Numerous leather companies can make custom rigs for you. A simple googlesearch will bring them up. It's great as you can customize what type/color/design of leather and anything else you want in it. They aren't cheap though, just a heads up.

Also, a lot of people seem to frown on leather holsters and whatnot for competition. But do what you prefer. I love my leather holster, and am looking forward to compare it to my Bladetech that should be here any day.

Im looking at comp holsters too. which bladetec did you get?

It seems like the only advantage, depending, is that comp holsters (polymer) are faster to draw out of. Notice how I highlighted 'depending'.

Personally, I am one to think that whoever practices or trains with his set up more, will be better at it. I.e. - someone who is a firearms instructor draws hundreds of times per week and he happens to prefer leather, while someone who only shoots on the weekend draws hundreds of times each year and he uses a polymer/kydex holster, obviously the FA instructor is going to be better at drawing than the weekend shooter.

I think that makes sense right?

Didn't realize I got off track haha. I got the Bladetech...something. I will edit this post after searching the site. It's the plain and simple one for the 75b.

Edit: It is the Bladetech 'Drop & Offset Holster'. Here is the link: http://www.blade-tech.com/Drop-Offset-Holster-pr-1024.html. They have LOTS of molds, so I'm sure it won't be a problem finding your Glock.

IMHO the biggest advantage of kydex for competition is not in the draw, its in the re-holster. The kydex holsters have a nice rigid opening that allows you to re-holster with one hand. I have seen way too many shooters get DQed for crossing themselves while squeezing a leather holster open for re-holstering.

When it comes to the draw it is more important how rigid the belt is and how securely your holster is attached to it than the material of the holster.

very nice.

I think i looked at 15 custom leather guys, and nothing is even close to the one in the picture above. I sent a few emails to custom guys.

Anyone seen something similar or know someone who can do this

I'm sure a lot can do what you'd like, so maybe sending them the picture and asking them if they could do something 'like' that in your own specifications. would give them a better idea on what you want. I'd suggest coming up with your own design that's "yours" but that's just me.

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

He (Eric Larsen, owner) is friends with Hakan Pek, who is a master custom pistol grip maker. They both specialize in CZ stuff, but will work on other manufacturers as well. I have seen A LOT of Eric's work (mostly holsters, but he does belts and mag pouches as well I believe) on my CZ forum, as well as other forums and everyone is VERY happy with his products. Both gentleman are truly one of a kind in their line of work.

Tell him what you want and how you want it and I'm sure he will do his best in creating it.

I did exactly that with Hakan. I told him "I want my own grips - checkering there, this type of wood, no checkering there, etc" and he did EXACTLY what I wanted. And he even made it for me before paying him, just to make sure what he made was exactly what I wanted. A true businessman AND nice guy if you ask me.

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

He (Eric Larsen, owner) is friends with Hakan Pek, who is a master custom pistol grip maker. They both specialize in CZ stuff, but will work on other manufacturers as well. I have seen A LOT of Eric's work (mostly holsters, but he does belts and mag pouches as well I believe) on my CZ forum, as well as other forums and everyone is VERY happy with his products. Both gentleman are truly one of a kind in their line of work.

Tell him what you want and how you want it and I'm sure he will do his best in creating it.

I did exactly that with Hakan. I told him "I want my own grips - checkering there, this type of wood, no checkering there, etc" and he did EXACTLY what I wanted. And he even made it for me before paying him, just to make sure what he made was exactly what I wanted. A true businessman AND nice guy if you ask me.

just emailed him. Thanks brother

Bladetech also makes what they call a "Hybrid" holster.

I won't bother explaining because here is a link that can tell you all.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Blade-Tech-Hybrid-Holster-pr-1313.html

FWIW, IF you plan on competing, consider a polymer type holster.

Joe:

Knock yourself out....

http://www.alumbankw...cc-riglinks.php

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I think i found the one thanks to bob

hl_h-12.jpg

The Holdridge Rig - Model H-12

The design of the "Holdridge" rig is simple but practical. The medium-high ride with slight FBI cant, help in providing a smooth draw and the fully lined holster help protect the finish of your handgun. Made of 8 oz. leather, this hand molded holster come fully engraved and is hand dyed. Belt & Holster may be purchased separately.

Available with or without retention strap.

The belt is constructed of 9 oz. saddle leather and double ply suede diamond with decorative western style durable suede belt makes this rig extremely comfortable even during extended use.

The hand molded, open top style mag pouch is tooled and dyed to match the holster.

Available in black, brown or tan.

Prices:

Plain Basket Weave Hand Tooled N/A N/A $352.00

I dont think they would let me use it in uspsa or idpa but it would be nice for a birthday present.