Sign in to follow this  
M4BGRINGO

Hangun Purchase Question

I read the NJSP rules about buying firearms. I have a question about handgun purchases though.

I can purchase a handgun from a private individual as long as I have my FID, Identification (NJ Driver Lic for example), and a valid Handgun Purchase Permit, correct? As long as the individual is the legal owner (how am I to really know), has Identification (NJ DL or similar), and the Model # and Serial # of the handgun is put down on the Handgun Purchase Permit and the sellers home address matches their Identification, everything is good to go?

Most of my stuff is done through FFL's which make it easy but we have to pay NIC's each time.

I have bought long guns through private sale and all we need is the COE, Identification, FID's, etc...., no NIC's.

Is NIC's only involved when purchasing firearms through FFL's?

What's a hangun? A misspelled handgun, sorry.

I read the NJSP rules about buying firearms. I have a question about handgun purchases though.

I can purchase a handgun from a private individual as long as I have my FID, Identification (NJ Driver Lic for example), and a valid Handgun Purchase Permit, correct? As long as the individual is the legal owner (how am I to really know), has Identification (NJ DL or similar), and the Model # and Serial # of the handgun is put down on the Handgun Purchase Permit and the sellers home address matches their Identification, everything is good to go?

Yes.

Most of my stuff is done through FFL's which make it easy but we have to pay NIC's each time.

I have bought long guns through private sale and all we need is the COE, Identification, FID's, etc...., no NIC's.

Is NIC's only involved when purchasing firearms through FFL's?

Yes.

Thanks Jon. We are almost out of the pink shotgun shells you sold me. Time to go buy 10 more cases of shells when I find them on sale somewhere.

This 30 day rule really irks me. Well, it gives my wallet more time to recover between purchases (sometimes). :icon_mrgreen:

Gotta find a cure for this revolver disease. :sarcastichand:

Thanks Jon. We are almost out of the pink shotgun shells you sold me. Time to go buy 10 more cases of shells when I find them on sale somewhere.

This 30 day rule really irks me. Well, it gives my wallet more time to recover between purchases (sometimes). :icon_mrgreen:

Gotta find a cure for this revolver disease. :sarcastichand:

Dayyumm.... looks like you need to start loading your own!

I have been saving the shells. A friend gave me a reloading station. Now I need some supplies and learn how to use it.

BTW: Found another Trap Shooting Club named Mallard Trap Club in Monroe, not too far from here. They do Wednesday nights and Saturdays. So, between them and Citizens on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoons I can certainly get a LOT of Trap Shooting in!

Ugh, the revolver disease. Going to buy another one tonight, a nice old 610............ When does it end? :superstition:

I have been saving the shells. A friend gave me a reloading station. Now I need some supplies and learn how to use it.

BTW: Found another Trap Shooting Club named Mallard Trap Club in Monroe, not too far from here. They do Wednesday nights and Saturdays. So, between them and Citizens on Tuesday nights and Sunday afternoons I can certainly get a LOT of Trap Shooting in!

Ugh, the revolver disease. Going to buy another one tonight, a nice old 610............ When does it end? :superstition:

I've shot at Mallard, great club! The revolver disease will end when you turn into a dirty stinky liberal :sarcastichand: