Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

Mosin Nagant 91/30 Sniper -$399

NEVERMIND, PLEASE DISREGARD - It's been established that these are fakes. Sorry about that.

Just thought i'd share, this popped up on slick guns, I was under the impression that the 91/30 snipers went in the 800 dollar range.

http://slickguns.com/product/m91-30-sniper-rifle-bent-bolt-wscope-39999

they are selling for $399.99

Sounds to good to be true?

Price: $ 399.99

Description:

Classic Arms offers Mosin Nagant M91-30 Sniper Rifle Bent Bolt W/Scope. THESE ARE REALLY NICE. M91/30 SNIPERS COMPLETE WITH ORIGINAL RUSSIAN SNIPER SCOPE AND MOUNT. THESE HAVE GREAT BORES, ARE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE AND ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR LEGENDARY ACCURACY. TURNED DOWN BOLT, 5 ROUND, 7.62X54R. COMES COMPLETE WITH SLING &ACC PKG

M91-30 SNIPER RIFLE W/SCOPE

RIFLE, M91/30 W/SCOPE AND MOUNT

M91/30 BENT BOLT SNIPER, W/TULA SCOPE AND MOUNT............$399.95

IN STOCK NOW ....ITEM # M91/30 SNIPER........$399.95

M9130SNI.jpg

yes for the most part but everything is reproduction.

Some places were taking ex snipers and putting repro parts on them, others were just taking regular 91/30's and putting repro's on them. But the bottom line is, they are all fake parts.

If you want a real one Rguns has them for I believe 800 but from what I've been hearing the quality of them has been slowly deteriorating as they sell the good ones.

If you shop around you CAN find real original parts for decent deals and "build" a correct one for about 500 bucks.

M

you can tell just by a quick glance that the scope and mount are 100% repro's..... AKA JUNK! The bolt handle is good but just a little off. once you learn what you are looking at, it is really easy to spot a fake.

Anything before 1942(IIRC) should be a PE or PEM style scope, they should be a long scope. During the war russia sped up production and went to a PU style scope which is the little stubby kind. Russia's sniper program officially started in 1931 so anything earlier than that is almost a dead giveaway, unless it is one of the extremely rare wwi rifles. Here is a pic of some of my snipers, the Pu is a restored original with 100% original parts. The PE was an EX sniper that I put an original mount and repro scope on.

IMG_0484.jpg