matt6669

CR/ANJRPC - Disappointment after Disappointment

Anthony you got a crap ton of people in this thread who said they would LOVE to come voice their opinions at meetings but you know what the problem is, not a single one of us can find a word, a mention, nada about the meetings.

Also as President it's his job to put people in position to delegate work out to other people. The fact that he decides the entire staff should report to him is his own controlling fault. Get people you trust into position to do volunteer work and you cut down on the amount of hours that you have to do baby-sitting tasks. Clearly his way of monitoring people wasn't working out with the complete debacle of a membership program.

I would love to serve on the board of ANJRPC but it wouldn't be fair for me to run for a position without knowing that in 6 months I would have to step down from that position due to relocating for a job. As soon as I know where I will be for the next few years, if it's in North Jersey you can bet your a** I'll be volunteering at CR/ANJRPC to make things better over there because as we all know it definitely could use the help.

And as Treasurer maybe you can shed some light on the issues of RO hours. Why is it one week I show up and there is now a mandate that an RO be on the pistol range at all times. Then a month later I go and there isn't an RO to be found. Then it turns out that the RO's hours were cut back due to "financial reasons?" If we have this so called "war chest" why are we not using it. God forbid something happens at one of the ranges at CR, that's all the bad press we'd need to shoot our own foot off. The anti's would jump all over this saying we can't even handle ourselves at a range and we want to be allowed to carry guns in public. Somethings that happen down there just don't make sense to me at all and when the board is unwilling to share their plans with their members you have issues that arise like this.

If ANJRPC was so excited about this "new position" why was it not email blasted a month ago stating we are thinking about creating this new position and we'd like to hear what our members think. Or we are voting on this new position at our next meeting, come out and share your opinions with us. Instead it's kept completely hush hush, it gets rammed through and then an email is sent out parading the idea. Show some transparency and maybe your members will start to trust you instead of start treating you like your own government.

Hello Matt,

Would love to have you on the board, we really could use some young blood. In order to attend the meetings I believe you must notify the corresponding secretary.

I cannot speak for SB's management style. But just try to delegate from one volunteer to another, etc.

I cannot speak about the RO hours that is a function of the Range Trustees. As treasurer I am involved in the overall finances not the day to day operating expenditures of the range that is decided by the trustees.

The decision was made to create the position during executive session and I cannot comment.

Anthony

For the sake of objectivity please listen to this broadcast when you have a chance. It was recorded in my studio for Gun For Hire Radio two Fridays ago. It is an interview by Scott Bach.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-gun-for-hire-radio-podcast/id443168225?i=96076510

Thank You

Anthony

Anthony you got a crap ton of people in this thread who said they would LOVE to come voice their opinions at meetings but you know what the problem is, not a single one of us can find a word, a mention, nada about the meetings.

Also as President it's his job to put people in position to delegate work out to other people. The fact that he decides the entire staff should report to him is his own controlling fault. Get people you trust into position to do volunteer work and you cut down on the amount of hours that you have to do baby-sitting tasks. Clearly his way of monitoring people wasn't working out with the complete debacle of a membership program.

I would love to serve on the board of ANJRPC but it wouldn't be fair for me to run for a position without knowing that in 6 months I would have to step down from that position due to relocating for a job. As soon as I know where I will be for the next few years, if it's in North Jersey you can bet your a** I'll be volunteering at CR/ANJRPC to make things better over there because as we all know it definitely could use the help.

And as Treasurer maybe you can shed some light on the issues of RO hours. Why is it one week I show up and there is now a mandate that an RO be on the pistol range at all times. Then a month later I go and there isn't an RO to be found. Then it turns out that the RO's hours were cut back due to "financial reasons?" If we have this so called "war chest" why are we not using it. God forbid something happens at one of the ranges at CR, that's all the bad press we'd need to shoot our own foot off. The anti's would jump all over this saying we can't even handle ourselves at a range and we want to be allowed to carry guns in public. Somethings that happen down there just don't make sense to me at all and when the board is unwilling to share their plans with their members you have issues that arise like this.

If ANJRPC was so excited about this "new position" why was it not email blasted a month ago stating we are thinking about creating this new position and we'd like to hear what our members think. Or we are voting on this new position at our next meeting, come out and share your opinions with us. Instead it's kept completely hush hush, it gets rammed through and then an email is sent out parading the idea. Show some transparency and maybe your members will start to trust you instead of start treating you like your own government.

I was at the rifle range Sunday and a "fake wanna-be" RO was calling target changes. Problem is he called the line safe and then sat on top of a bench between the yellow & red lines. An actual RO came over and apparently set him straight. We NEED to have ROs present. There are some dumb sheep that shoot there who do not follow the rules and need to be kept in line. ANJRPC is going to spend a lot more on legal fees if one these imbeciles gets himself shot.

The above is the reason that this facility has to run a tight ship. Wide open continuous firing lines need strict compliance with range rules for everyone's safety. When no R-O is present, someone has to assume the duty of the R-O and the responsibilities that go along with it. A "Wanna-be" is better than having no one. Perhaps the "Wanna-be" might be interested in taking the NRA RSO course that someone gives at the range??

Mind you I'm not trying to get into the middle of a pissing contest. I enjoy shooting at Cherry Ridge twice a year and hope to continue to do so.