Cemeterys Gun Blob

Diamondback Powder

Recently tried a few pounds of Diamondback Black Powder FFg and FFFg, which I heard is a poor man's version of Shutzen. Which is much cheaper than GOEX. KIK is another affordable powder.

First thing I noticed is that it isn't as 'dusty' as GOEX.

Even clean up was faster and easier.

Used it in my 44.40's, and Old Army's. I noticed the brass was much cleaner after firing, and didn't turn green within a day. As for my Old Army's, the nipple area's where nowhere as dirty as they were when I used GOEX. Even after letting' my Old Army's sit for two weeks before cleaning, they cleaned up even faster. The ash and fouling in the bore and cylinder was like pure dust. Could practically blow it clean.

Now I'm not pulling any trigger's with it at distances of more than 25 yards, but seemed to work for me, and my wallet likes the price as well.

Are you shooting Cap & Ball in the ROA's? Or do you use a conversion cylinder?

Glad you're seeing good results with Diamondback. We're using front-stuffers, so Goex is fine for us. I'll be shooting my 10 ga. SxS muzzleloading shotgun tomorrow at a clay bird competition.

Seems you & I are the only really serious guys using the holy black on this forum (other than Glenn & Joe, LOL). Everybody else seems to be into some sort of Zombie something or other, LOL!

Dave

Cap & Ball baby!!!!

I run real black in all my guns, except for my 25.20 (and AR-15), too damn small for real black, and it fouls up something fierce in less then 10 shots, and SWISS FFFg was no improvement, so I go with Triple Seven, and it stays clean. Might try APP when I'm done with my pound of 777, since I've noticed how nice and smokey APP can be.

Speaking of Zombie's, I've got a tacticool zombie shoot in Sept, and I'll be shootin' real black out of my all my guns, except for my AR. I tried Triple Seven in it, but it still did not have enough umph to cycle the bolt completely, I'm thinking I might need a reduced power buffer spring.

Seems you & I are the only really serious guys using the holy black on this forum (other than Glenn & Joe, LOL).

Dave

Serious...I only shot once Dave, but I am serious :)

Glenn and I split a bunch of supplies so I'm almost good to go. My father is making me a stand for it so that should be the last piece of the puzzle. Oh...and I have no place to shoot it yet! I sent a request for membership to Somerville a while ago but never heard back.

I'm playing with explosives tomorrow morning in Vernon. Using my 10 ga. SxS muzzleloading shotty to blast clay birds to bits, LOL!

Next Sunday is the regular OBR&PC Match. Non members can always shoot! We'll even loan you a rifle if you don't yet have one! Real nice friendly bunch!

Dave

Glad you're seeing good results with Diamondback. We're using front-stuffers, so Goex is fine for us. I'll be shooting my 10 ga. SxS muzzleloading shotgun tomorrow at a clay bird competition.

Seems you & I are the only really serious guys using the holy black on this forum (other than Glenn & Joe, LOL). Everybody else seems to be into some sort of Zombie something or other, LOL!

Dave

I'm still amazed at how much cleaner Diamondback is with regards to cleaning up. I don't think it BOOMS like goex though, but I'm told otherwise.

I'm just not sure about how it is with accuracy, cause as you know, it's 'never' the shooter who is in the wrong......

Glad you're having fun! I've never really even wanted to try anything but real black, since I love the smell and the clean-up to me is just part of the fun of it.

Any chance we'll get to shoot together at the big event in Old Bridge on the 24th of next month? Seems that there is only a handful of guys shooting the holy black on this forum. Most others are kids learning how to crawl, worried about what their second or third gun is going to be, LOL! And can you put a Tac Rail on it with a flashlight? OMG!