usnmars

a German Enfield?

I traded a Yugo mauser for this one today and it has me stumped...... Really Stumped. A British Enfield with a German stamp on it. Anyone have a clue on this one? Please excuse the pics, I am the worlds worst photographer and I haven't even attempted to wipe the grease off of it yet. There isn't a speck of rust on it, just a ton of dried grease that smells like poo..... (and it aint cosmo)

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00855.jpg

I cant wait for tomorrow to clean this thing up and maybe go to the range with it. For being almost 100yrs old this thing looks awesome! I am dying to see what the bore looks like

I shot it while I was home last time and it shot great. The bore ended up being really nice and clean and overall this thing cleaned up awesome. As an added plus the original oiler and cleaning kit was in the buttstock too. It is still chambered in .303 and I was shootin some 1941 winchester surplus ammo out if it. It felt good to let this thing stretch it's legs a little for the first time in about 70 yrs.