Sign in to follow this  
BigBlueQ

How pathetic am I...

So the mailman drops off two bubble wrapped packages yesterday, and they're addressed to me.

I just got got some stuff from Midway, Brownells, and Rimfire Sports & Custom last week,

and immediately my mind starts to think about what new toys I forgot about that are now on my doorstep.

As I walk into the house my wife says, "Hooray, the kids' new Leapsters are here!" For those of you who don't know, Leapsters are kiddie computers.

Talk about feeling like a kid who just dropped his ice cream on the sidewalk.

So the mailman drops off two bubble wrapped packages yesterday, and they're addressed to me.

I just got got some stuff from Midway, Brownells, and Rimfire Sports & Custom last week,

and immediately my mind starts to think about what new toys I forgot about that are now on my doorstep.

As I walk into the house my wife says, "Hooray, the kids' new Leapsters are here!" For those of you who don't know, Leapsters are kiddie computers.

I love ordering stuff and getting packages delivered. I have tracking app on my phone. It's awesome!

Your wife remembered. Give yourself credit for marrying a good woman.

Your wife remembered. Give yourself credit for marrying a good woman.

Every day!

She's waiting for her first permits so she can purchase her first pistols.

I told her to get 6 permits, in the off chance that she'll get one gun a month for 6 months!

She can't take the kick of my 9mm Berettas yet, so she wants to get a .22 and/or a .380.

God, I love her!

FYI in most cases the .380 is going to kick more than the 9mm. She will be better off starting with the .22 and growing into the 9mm. I don't recommend .380 for pretty much anyone.

I've found that factory .45 loads kick less than a .380 due to the .45 frame being heavier and bigger to soak up the recoil.

Now might be a good time to get into reloading and get her setup with a .45 and what I call powder puff loads. You can load up .45 with trailboss and it's like shooting a .22

FYI in most cases the .380 is going to kick more than the 9mm. She will be better off starting with the .22 and growing into the 9mm. I don't recommend .380 for pretty much anyone.

I've found that factory .45 loads kick less than a .380 due to the .45 frame being heavier and bigger to soak up the recoil.

Now might be a good time to get into reloading and get her setup with a .45 and what I call powder puff loads. You can load up .45 with trailboss and it's like shooting a .22

We fortunately belong to a private range and one of the old-timers there has a Bersa Thunder .380 that she tried out and loves.

I guess we'll have to pay more for the .380 ammo until I get the reloading rig set up!