Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Recording CCW encounters with police

I was reading one of my other haunts and someone mentioned recording CCW encounters with law enforcement.

One person chimed in that they use a pen recorder.

I thought it was neat enough and cheap enough that maybe someone here would like one.

As cheap as it is, I find it hard not to get one just to play with. I'm sure the recording quality stinks, but then who cares, it's cheap and will serve to document any interaction with the police.

http://spygear.factoryoutletstore.com/spy-pen.html

pen_prod_image-24-99.png

prod_image_4_large.jpg

1. It's more the open carry crowd that utilizes the pen recorder as standard equipment. If you are CCW, you shouldn't have any encounters with police.

2. Many of the recorder people send their recordings in real time to a webpage for prosperity in case the police confiscate the pen recorder and accidentally erase it.

1. It's more the open carry crowd that utilizes the pen recorder as standard equipment. If you are CCW, you shouldn't have any encounters with police.

True but the one particular forum I visit has a lot of Ohio members. Ohio requires that you inform the LEO during any encounter. The OC carry crowd also is a big proponent of recording.

2. Many of the recorder people send their recordings in real time to a webpage for prosperity in case the police confiscate the pen recorder and accidentally erase it.

Always a wise choice. I know that plenty of motorcycle guys do that as well, like the guy in PA who was accosted by an unmarked vehicle and an out of uniform leo. I see a guy open a car door in front of me with a gun in his hand and I'm on a bike...I'd be tempted to pin the MFer in the crease of the door. You don't know if it's just some banger who was pissed that he was dissed on the road. http://camcorderchaos.com/video/HA469NSRHMXD/Cop-Pulls-Out-Gun-On-Motorcyclist- Scroll to about 3:10

Always a wise choice. I know that plenty of motorcycle guys do that as well, like the guy in PA who was accosted by an unmarked vehicle and an out of uniform leo. I see a guy open a car door in front of me with a gun in his hand and I'm on a bike...I'd be tempted to pin the MFer in the crease of the door. You don't know if it's just some banger who was pissed that he was dissed on the road. http://camcorderchaos.com/video/HA469NSRHMXD/Cop-Pulls-Out-Gun-On-Motorcyclist- Scroll to about 3:10

I remember that incident. SBN, a sportbike forum I frequent, had a HUGE thread about that. I think if he would have calmly told the rider that he was a plain-dressed LEO, things would have went much more smoother. But that's for another day, another thread.