this_is_nascar

Colt-Umarex 1911 .22LR Semi-Auto Pistol

Does anyone have one of these and care to comment? I've ordered the Rail version and should have it later in the week. I've always loved the .22LR round and the 1911 platform, so I'm expecting this gun to be a real winner for me.

th_2245705_rs.jpg

th_2245705_ls.jpg

I personally dont know much about that model. I have a chiappa 1911-22. I would go with gsg 1911 if i could. It is supped to be the best. The colt is made by umarex, a company many say is not very good. Again i dont have personal experience with that but i hear it is not as good as the gsg. I understand you ordered already. I wish you the best luck with it. I jumped the gun on a chiappa 1911 and i wish i waited and got the gsg. Ive been thinking of selling it and getting a gsg or even just a plain old ruger 22lr pistol.

Thanks. Unfortuneately, from the many reviews I've read, the Chiappa comes in last place on the list as far a customer satisfaction. The GSG gets pretty high marks, but so does the Umarex. I'm still relatively new to the hobby, but what made me choose the Umarex over the other two, are it's looks, the reviews I've read about it and the others and the fact that it is made by Carl Walther.

I'll provide some additional feedback once I get it, although, I really don't have anything to compare it to since it will be my 1st handgun.

yea when I got the chiappa the gsg was just coming out and was not available yet everywhere. I ran into the chiappa and bought it. good pick with the colt. I hope your satisfied with it and it works great. The chiappa I got running smooth but once its dirty it starts to fte.

Thanks. Unfortuneately, from the many reviews I've read, the Chiappa comes in last place on the list as far a customer satisfaction. The GSG gets pretty high marks, but so does the Umarex. I'm still relatively new to the hobby, but what made me choose the Umarex over the other two, are it's looks, the reviews I've read about it and the others and the fact that it is made by Carl Walther.

I'll provide some additional feedback once I get it, although, I really don't have anything to compare it to since it will be my 1st handgun.

any feedback on on the Colt yet?

I'm debating between the gsg and the colt. I havent actually seen/felt the Colt in person.

let us know your impressions.

thanks

I like it (I have the Rail version), but I should have waited for the Gold Cup version to become available, which it now is. Mine shoots a bit low and does not have adjustable sights for elevation, whereas the Gold Cup does. Other than that, it works well and has fired everything I've fed it.

I had been looking for the Gold Cup version for the last several weeks. I contacted Umarex and was told they were being made available to their distributors at the end of November. Found a few places on the internet that had them but the Gold Cup versionr were gone by the time I tried ot place an order. It seems the Gold Cup versions are being allocated to dealers.

I had looked at the GSG/Sig versions of the 22LR 1911, read the reviews on various forums and viewEd the videos on YouTube. I read of problems with GSG while the reviews of the Umarex version all seem to be positive. I decided to go with the Umarex. I had resigned myself to having to wait till the Gold Cup supply caught up with demand.

I was at the Philadelphia area gun show yesterday and was suprised to find a dealer there who had two Gold Cups for sale. I grabbed one of them and it's on its on its way to my FFL here in NJ. I won't be able to get it for several more weeks as I just started the purchase permit process here in MIddletown......

Once I get to shoot a 100 rounds or so through it, I will post my experiences.