Sign in to follow this  
RAL1979

Vernon PD

I would like to thank Vernon PD. I got my initial FID and 1 handgun permit in a total of 40 days. Two of those weeks were due to a wait at the fingerprinting company, plus one of my references was away on business for a week. All in all, Vernon PD did a great job, and were very helpful and courteous. Thanks again.

Glad to hear you did good. Sucks about the extra wait because of the prints and reference, but at least it was a legit delay, and not some BS on the PD's part. Now, whatcha buyin?

Glock 22 or 23, which ever feel better in the hand

Wow, that's great. Mount Olive PD took over six months. Anytime I inquired as to why, they would just select an excuse of the day (we're waiting on your references; we're waiting on the state; we're waiting on the FBI; we're waiting on your employer; etc. etc.).

Amazingly, after I filed my complaint with the mayor and township administrator, I received a phone call two days later telling me everything was ready for me to pick up. Everything must have magically resolved itself!

Just goes to show you how fast things could happen. Imagine if the fingerprinting was done in a couple of days!

I'm reading stories 2-5 months or more and have to think that the local PD's are holding things up on purpose. Blaming cutbacks and understaffing on the delays to prove the point that y'all should have agreed to a massive tax increase or something. Or maybe they just believe that only LEO's should be armed, and you need to be dependent on them in the event of a home invasion. (like they could do anything anyway)