Mexican_Hippie

Howdy from Texas

Hi guys and girls!

I'm working on a project off up here through the spring (off and on), so I'll be spending Tue-Thur here in Princeton most weeks.

Luckily I did a little research before I showed up with a couple pistols day one. I knew NJ has a limited concealed carry program, but didn't realize they don't recognize any other states' licenses. As in Texas recognizes New Jersey permits but not vice-versa. I usually just check 'em in my luggage and load up on the other side in the baggage claim bathroom.

Anyway, I feel a little naked but I'll make due I guess. I've been shooting since I was about 6 yrs old so it's a completely new environment to me up here and a I'm a little "gun shy" (pun intended, lol). I'm trying to figure out what I can bring with me each week, at least to the hotel. I'm kinda paranoid after hearing someone got a felony just for carrying a pocket knife.

I have a couple of newbie NJ questions:

1) What's a good quick source to understand what travelers can bring? transport?

2) Are there any ranges I can rent something to shoot on a week night if I'm bored? (Princeton area, or within reasonable distance)

Y'all have a beautiful state, hoping you get some more decisions to go your way on the arms front!

Hi guys and girls!

I'm working on a project off up here through the spring (off and on), so I'll be spending Tue-Thur here in Princeton most weeks.

Luckily I did a little research before I showed up with a couple pistols day one. I knew NJ has a limited concealed carry program, but didn't realize they don't recognize any other states' licenses. As in Texas recognizes New Jersey permits but not vice-versa. I usually just check 'em in my luggage and load up on the other side in the baggage claim bathroom.

Anyway, I feel a little naked but I'll make due I guess. I've been shooting since I was about 6 yrs old so it's a completely new environment to me up here and a I'm a little "gun shy" (pun intended, lol). I'm trying to figure out what I can bring with me each week, at least to the hotel. I'm kinda paranoid after hearing someone got a felony just for carrying a pocket knife.

I have a couple of newbie NJ questions:

1) What's a good quick source to understand what travelers can bring? transport?

2) Are there any ranges I can rent something to shoot on a week night if I'm bored? (Princeton area, or within reasonable distance)

Y'all have a beautiful state, hoping you get some more decisions to go your way on the arms front!

Can Texas just invade us depose our government and establish a freedom-loving democracy? :p

Can Texas just invade us depose our government and establish a freedom-loving democracy? :p

I think my cul-de-sac alone could. :icon_lol: All joking aside I do feel for you guys.

Here's some clips from a local machine gun shoot in Leona (even has a mini-gun 9 minutes in)...

It makes me smile every time I watch it.