spfn88

Centurion 39 Conversion to make it NJ compliant

So I want to get a Centurion 39 Sporter, but would it be better to pin the compensator on it or just put a thumbhole stock on it. There is no bayonet lug and the magazines will not be shipped with the rifle. Is a Thumbhole stock not considered a pistol grip? Or is it? I was wondering if the ATI fiberforce stock would be ok?

I would personally treat "thumb hole stocks" as pistol grips for the following reason..

NJ..does not as far as I understand it.. define "thumb hole stock"

they do however clearly define the word "pistol grip"

"Pistol grip" means a well defined handle, similar to that found on a handgun, that protrudes

conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, and which permits the firearm to be held and fired

with one hand.

take notice of the key points..

is the handle part beneath the action of the weapon?

is there a grip resembling that of a hand gun?

can you fire the gun with one hand? notice.. it does not say comfortably fire with one hand.. but simply can be fired with one hand..

that is my opinion of course.. as "thumb hole" stocks to my knowledge are an undefined item within NJ..

New Jersey left the wording as vague as possible. California, as bad as their gun laws are, have a metric for thumbhole grips (i/e/ allowable dimensions). We do not. Err on the side of keeping your a** out of jail.