GregV

Delran Junior Marksman Club

What a great experience this non-member and his 3 guests had at this wonderful facility this afternoon. The long story short, a friend asked if I would take him and his ten year old out to shoot. Neither one of them have ever even held a gun let alone fired one. The plan was to take him, his son and my ten year old to Ready Aim Fire in Bristol Pa. to fire a few different pieces I own................Ready Aim Fire just experienced a fire in their range and is closed. I hope they rebuild soon, this is my winter shooting facility. So I took the 4 of us to Delran, a range I have never been to. What a great looking facility with some very well designed and laid out ranges. I was a little uneasy when I arrived. I like to case a joint out and get to see the the lay of the land before I jump in head first, especially with 2 young boys and a father that is uncomfortable around guns. I wasn't but two minutes inside the gate and I was greeted and directed to a RO, that had me and my guests ready to go in 5 minutes. Once the 4 of us hit the rifle range the RO went "green" so I could pin some targets. I asked that he give my party of three the rules and his safety speech as I walked down range. When I returned back from the target I then gave my 2 new shooters my speech about how we were going to shoot by my rules...................along with my safety speech that I had already given them several times beforehand, the RO stood and listened to what I had to say and reinforced my safety speech and rules. The RO didn't seem to shy far away from the four us, just as he shouldn't have, which gave me greater comfort that somebody had my back had I needed it. There was more than one RO and they were all very helpful in making my friends boy's first experience on a range, all the better. After shooting a few rounds on the rifle range we packed up and moved over to the pistol range, again with another great RO that was more than helpful in explaining the range rules and setup. The pistol range was quiet, one shooter there when we arrived. Once he packed up, it was all ours for 30 minutes or so. As we were packing up a group of three was setting up. Looked like a young girl, mid twenty's getting her first pistol lesson. I love to see the kids and the ladies enjoying my sport.

While I love my home club of Telco that is a 12 minute ride from home and I have 24/7 access, I will certainly make the 50 minute trek back to this facility again in the near future. The price was right also. Hopefully the next trip will be alone, so I can be a little more relaxed and do some shooting myself.

A great big THANK YOU to those RO's that made the four of us feel welcome at their club. Not being a member, I was prepared to be turned away, what I received was the complete opposite. My only regret was not collecting names of the RO's and the members that made our day enjoyable.

I highly recommend this facility.

Delran Junior Marksman Club

Telco Sportsmens Club

Greg

I showed up, paid my non-member fee and was treated like everybody else.

Nice. How much is it? I drove down there once but the place looked deserted. The gate was open but no one was shooting. With RAF closed and Range 14 undergoing construction I might shoot at Delran.

I am a member of DJM and I am also a DJM RSO. The hours of operation are Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 till 4:30 PM. The range is open 52 weekends a year weather permitting. Heavy snow or a hurricane is the type of weather that will cause a closure. The range is not open during the week with the exception of summer. The range is open on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 PM till dusk from May through September. We have trap shooting on the first, second, third and fourth Sundays of the month. Non members are always welcome. Eye and ear protection is highly recommended. Bring your own targets, ammo, staple guns, and of course, firearms. Any questions, feel free to ask.