n4p226r

how do you grip you sig da/sa

so today at the range, i tried to change up my grip with my left hand a little bit. in doing so, and with shooting both eyes open i was able to get my normal 7-8+" grouping at 7-ish yards down to 3-3.5" with just one or two flyers per magazine. im much happier with this. the issue i have now is my right thumb is resting slightly on the slide catch and it's not locking back last round sometimes. i am 100% sure it is my thumb doing it. has anybody experienced and corrected this?

also. almost 90% of my time the DA pull is right in the middle. the SA pulls are left. they used to all be left and low. but now i'm good on DA and only left (maybe slightly low like 8:45) on SA shots

i figured its as simple as slightly moving my thumb. but by the time i realized what was happening our day was over.

here were the first two groups i shot. they got a little tighter over the day, but these you can actually tell where the full magazine went. i know its nothing to brag about, but for me (with only about 1200 rds total through a handgun for myself (not including 22lr)), this is pretty good, so take it easy on me :D

9mm

9mm.jpg

357 sig

357sig.jpg

the range

range.jpg

Those videos and the magpul dynamics one were helpful, but it's not the same as hands on approaches. I notice it drastically changes if I move my left hand forward or back slightly while still "proper" if goin only by the videos.

This was my best group with the 357 sig. 12 shots.

124f1edd.jpg

Those videos Vlad posted on the benefits of a high thumbs grip are right on. Works great on a 1911, Glock or M&P. However for some pistols like SIGs or H&K P30 t will cause the right hand thumb to contact the slide release lever and causing the slide to fail lo lock back.

On my P229 I simply position my right thumb on top of my left thumb.

I notice it drastically changes if I move my left hand forward or back slightly while still "proper" if goin only by the videos.

Try this article with Brian Enos and Dave Sevigny. It gives a better picture from differnt angles. Of course, you need to modify the grip to accomodate the Sig's slide stop lever.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2010/09/24/tactics_training_combatg_100306/