keithco88

Davidson's Warranty Worth It?

Has anybody ever had to take advantage of the Davidson's warranty, and if so what's your experience?

I know most manufacturers have lifetime or something close to that for a warranty, and obviously they all vary in the quality, timeliness and courtesy of their service. Is there any benefit to the Davidson's middleman and added "new gun replacement" warranty compared to what we're already getting from the manufacturer?

Depends on whether you want one repeatedly attempted to be fixed or replaced outright from the start. I have a lemon 1911 that Taurus is finally going to replace or refund, but only after months and months of wait and several buggered attempts to repair. Kinda wish i had that davidsons warranty last year before all the BS! Besides, its free and automatically comes with any gun you buy from a dealer who uses Davidsons as a distributor.

Only downside in NJ is that if you get a replacement handgun, you need to burn another permit on it. This makes Davidson's warranty a little less compelling.

On the other hand, the prices aren't too bad on Davidson's so in the end, if they have what you're looking for and you can select to pick it up at your local preferred FFL, it's all good.