woodentoe

Looking to search the used rack. Where?

I like Mel at Defensive Security in East Windsor. He is worth giving a call to see what he has used. He works out of the house. He specializes with new gun owners / training. He will let you try stuff before you purchase. send me a message if you want his info. I am new to the forums and I am not sure if i can put his contact info on here with out looking like a spammer.

Looking for a pistol or a rifle? I am guessing pistol since you mentioned permits. I would go to a few brick and mortar stores and browse their racks? A place like Shore Shot always has full cases of handguns for sale, and a fair amount of rifles. If you know what you want, try the "price request" and support the forum vendors. You don't want to waste a permit on something you regret, do a little research, meet up with some forum members at one of the shoots (like Tuesdays at Shore Shot). Most of us would let you shoot our stuff to see if you like it.

I'm located in woodbridge. I've spent some time researching my first .22 pistol. Im in the market for a used Ruger mk series. Preferably with at least a 5 inch bull Or slab sided barrel. Prefer SS but if a goOd deal, blued is fine. I'd like to keep it under 400 with tax and NICS.

Also, I tested the waters with the price request and it seemed that because I am looking for a general type of gun instead of a specific sku and used...it wasn't as fruitful as I think going shopping would be.

There is that forum sponsor right in Woodbridge you might try. Make sure you tell him you are a forum member for the best deal. Also, I saw a nice MK III Stainless (I believe a slab side) at SS a few weeks ago. Since I had a MK III already, I did not look at the price but you can always call. You are welcome to try mine out if you are going down to SS and I am there.