RedBowTies88

Slings...

So, now that i've converted my saiga to an original wood stock set I no longer have a front sling mounting point.

I could do what I did with my factory foregrip after I cut it down which was move the attachment point all the way to the rear but even though I'm confident of the strenth of my foregrip I would prefer not to stress it more then I have to ( the original plastic one is reasonably stronger)

So basically I've come up with 2 options,

#1 - Mount the sling to the gas tube handguard. (I'll have to make a small screw in plate with a swiveling bar/hook type design) My concerns with this is it may rotate the handguard out of alingnement..however I think its tight enough that that would be a non issue.

#2 - single point sling. I don't know anything really about them but by what I can see I don't feel too hot about the idea of the gun just smacking around. Is there something to these I'm not seeing? Seems like its at a complete disadvantage to a 2 point setup. I also don't like that most AK single point mounts I've seen attach under the grip

Does anyone have any other ideas? or can perhaps show me the bright side/s of a single point sling?

I modified the wooden stock by extending the tang and using the stock hole in the reciever to hold it in.

Call me bubba but I wansn't too happy with the bolt on retainer I've seen on my friends rifle and looseness with which it holds the forend..let alone the $50 price tag. So I got creative and it's worked out well...besides the sling issue.

saigaforend.jpg

I modified the wooden stock by extending the tang and using the stock hole in the reciever to hold it in.

Call me bubba but I wansn't too happy with the bolt on retainer I've seen on my friends rifle and looseness with which it holds the forend..let alone the $50 price tag. So I got creative and it's worked out well...besides the sling issue.

saigaforend.jpg

the reason they are loose is because people install them wrong..

there is actually a lower hand guard piece that you can use to make it tight (if it is loose)

also the ones I have used had a set screw in the top.. this screw goes in the notch on the barrel which makes it basically impossible to move...

install the retainer correctly.. and it will be solid.. and have a sling loop..