Rifleman1

FN FNAR Semi Automatic Rifle

Cheaper Than Dirt of offering a FN FNAR Semi Automatic Rifle in .308 Winchester 20" Heavy Barrel 10 Rounds Black for $979.00

2-FN3108929142.jpg

I am curious if anyone on the forums has one and if they could tell me about it or their experiences with it.

Manufacturer: 3108929142

Item: 2-FN3108929142

UPC: 845737002411

The heavy barrel version of the FNAR is also chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Winchester) and features an ambidextrous magazine release and 20" cold hammer-forged MIL-SPEC fluted barrel with hard chromed bore and target crown. A one piece, receiver mounted MIL-STD 1913 optical rail comes standard, along with a trio of similar accessory rails attached to the adjustable synthetic stock’s fore end for mounting a battery of tactical lights and lasers.

Specifications and Feaures:

Caliber: 308 Winchester/7.62x51mm NATO

Barrel Length: 20" Heavy

Twist Rate: 1 in 12" RH

Receiver: Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, One piece MIL-STD 1913 optics rail

Barrel: Hammer forged, fluted, chrome lined, target crown

Stock: Synthetic pistol grip stock, checkered gripping surfaces, three interchangeable recoil pads, three interchangeable comb inserts, multiple MIL-STD 1913 mounting rails

Length of Pull: 14", adjustable via interchangeable recoil pads

Operating controls: Fully ambidextrous magazine release button, crossbolt safety button, extended bolt release lever

Magazines: Steel magazine body, low friction follower

Overall Length: 41.5” with 20" barrel

Height: 7.50"

What type of magazines do they use?

FAL mags I assume...

It uses Item #:3108929200 Finish:Blue Caliber:308 Winchester Capacity:10 rd FN MAG AR 308 DBM 10RDMagazines for the FN 9mm, .40 cal., 308 cal., and 5.7 x 28.

I don't see anything about it being a FAL magazine.

According to their "Can we ship this to you" box they will not ship it to NJ.

It is NJ legal with the 10 round magazine. I bought this FNAR version three weeks ago, but have not taken it to the range yet.

CTD is probably flagging it as 'no ship' because it must go through an FFL, not direct to you.

The 10 round mag is FN part# 3108929200, not CTD item number. It is an FNAR .308 mag, and only FNAR.

There is a video on YouTube of the work that has to be done to take this gun down for cleaning. I'd watch it before reaching for your wallet...

Search "fnar take down" or "fnar bolt removal"

G

Wow, I never would have guessed. Allen keys, screwdriver, lots of little screws and parts to loose. I like when he said reassembling the bolt is the "tricky" part. Way too over-complicated of a gun for my tastes.

There is a video on YouTube of the work that has to be done to take this gun down for cleaning. I'd watch it before reaching for your wallet...

G

I watched one of the youtube videos, the following was a comment made by another viewer and is in line with what Hinchman told me about his FNAR. Key point is that gun does not need to be stripped down to the bolt very often.

Quoted from youtube -

I have been delaying tearing down my FNAR because of all the bla bla on the interrnet. Today I took it down while watching your video. It was EASY !!!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this video!!!

Don't let this break down keep you away from the FNAR. The action does not have to be cleaned very ofter, it's a piston driven gun. An AR is a DI gun, meaning the action should be cleaned often. Apple and oranges.

allthingsoutdoors 1 year ago

This is the vid

G

I will need to take my time when deciding what to buy including info like this on the FNAR. That is why these Forums are so helpful to be able to make an informed decision.