Sign in to follow this  
my87toy

Ruger SR 22 PB handgun

I was interested in getting this and I know that this came out in Jan sometime. Anyone get one yet and what are your thoughts? All the info that I have seen says that this is what the Walter P22 should have been and is a really great 22. Any thoughts?

I'd get one in a heartbeat just for the fun of plinking. It wouldn't replace a Ruger Mark II/III or a Browning Buckmark, but it would be a fun little gun to shoot. It's size, ease of pulling back the slide,ease of cleaning, etc. would make it an ideal gun for children to learn how to handle an automatic pistol with DA/SA. Although the trigger is OK, it is not great by any stretch. It is on the heavy side, especially in DA and then there is a long take-up for each subsequent DA trigger pull. Perhaps this is part of the reason that it is dependable, but if one thing could be changed on it for me, it would be a better trigger. The trigger and action don't really model the actions of the larger caliber tactical guns such as the Ruger SR series and other striker-fired guns. This limits the gun's ability as a trainer for these. If you were ever able to carry, though, it would be easy to conceal and probably a little easier to shoot than say something like a North American Arms type, and of course a 22LR would be better than not having anything at all.

It is what it is, and If you are in need of a fun gun to plink with, I would say go for it.

As far as I know, Silver Bullet in Rockaway might have them in stock, and there was one at Skylands Sport Shop this morning.

Forgot about silver bullet.

Why, Frank is a charming man and he had them for $395 out the door.

what do you mean by "right now"? is the price soon going up or down??

The demand is high and they are selling out right now. Backorder log growing. The price will probably stay high or rise for a while.

This time next year they might be cheaper.

Yes, I would imagine that they will eventually sell for about $319 after the newness goes away.