Vlad G

Big news in the fight to carry

There are for justices over the age of 70. Scalia, Kennedy, Breyer, and Ginsburg. The most likely to die first is Ginsburg. Replacing her with a more liberal justice will be tough for she makes even the most bleeding hearts seem moderate. So that one doesn't mater. Breyer is another left leaning justice. Replacing him with a liberal is redundant. Kennedy is the next most likely to retire or die. I'd be most concerned about him. But he also isn't a lock for 2a rights and it typically a swing vote.

Scalia shows no sign of retirement and will likely not die while a democrat is president because he's so full of piss and vinegar that he, unlike most of us, decides when he dies..lol

Personally I think it is moot because I do not believe that the democrats will hold the senate even if Obama is reelected. Furthermore, I view Obama as a pretty functionary democrat leader and don't subscribe to the alarmist rhetoric that he's destroying the country. Rather, you either agree with him or you don't. If we've survived 40 of these other assholes ( I subtract the first three), we will survive this. The union is strong and the arc of history bends towards freedom.

Problem is not only SCOTUS, the lower courts are also gong to be impacted. while SCOTUS is the big one, you really can't overlook what and where cases have to go through in there progression to SCOTUS.