Anyone have experience with one of these. My neighbor was showing me his today at the range. It was a glorified Cabelas dry-storage container with a lift-out tray and top-outside storage. Other models have inside dividers apparently. I was thinking about picking up a couple of them.

I LOVE mine! I have the model with 2 stackable trays and the big cavernous main comparment. I think that it also came with a rifle rest option, although I've never used that accessory. It is significantly larger than a plastic ammo box and I get 40+ pounds of stuff into mine! I use it for black powder shooting and carry hundreds of lead balls and bullets. Several years now and still going strong, not a single problem!

Thanks. I was reading about that one last night on Amazon, I think. Yea, that one had the rifle rest option to it. Not sure I want to go that large, but I'm still considering it. They have the standard sized one like the Cabela's dry-box cases, but they have the lift out tray. If I could find a way to just buy the lift out try, I many consider that. The Plano's do have the outside compartment which is cool for keeping pens, etc, which in pretty nice.

Thanks. I was reading about that one last night on Amazon, I think. Yea, that one had the rifle rest option to it. Not sure I want to go that large, but I'm still considering it. They have the standard sized one like the Cabela's dry-box cases, but they have the lift out tray. If I could find a way to just buy the lift out try, I many consider that. The Plano's do have the outside compartment which is cool for keeping pens, etc, which in pretty nice.

The Plano I have was like $20.00 or so when I bought it, and it came with 2 trays and the rifle rest feature. Like I said it was YEARS ago now! Best $20.00 I ever spent! Mine doesn't have any "pockets" on the outside, which I actually prefer. I don't worry about any rain getting to anything and spoiling a good time since there's no way for rain to leak into the thing! Rain beads and runs right off of it so I'm GTG!

If you get one, you'll be glad you did. The trays are great for small attachments, tools, cleaning rods, patches, oil, cleaner, etc. The main compartment can hold a powder can standing-up with some room left over, so it will holds lots of stuff!

I got mine at Dick's on sale. Bought it in East Brunswick, right next to the clay birds back then. Don't know if they still carry them, but Henry M. would know cause he works there part time. Don't have to pay Shipping that way.

I use these:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/2-pk-mtm-ammo-cans.aspx?a=506871

I use them for ammo storage and don't need space taken up with a tray or shelf. 1,300 rounds of 9mm in each. I think I can get 900 - 1,000 rounds of .45ACP in each.

2 pack for just over $20.

I use these:

http://www.sportsman...s.aspx?a=506871

I use them for ammo storage and don't need space taken up with a tray or shelf. 1,300 rounds of 9mm in each. I think I can get 900 - 1,000 rounds of .45ACP in each.

2 pack for just over $20.

These may work well too!!

I have a Plano with the compartment (and an MTM one too that was linked). The compartment is nice and functional for the most part; only thing that irritates me sometimes is that if you use it, you are a bit limited (vs. not using it). But I like using the extra tray for loose ammo when I'm loading magazines, or to hold administrative stuff.