Sign in to follow this  
Shawnmoore81

Finally got around to getting my rugar set up.

c43354d3.jpg

Its a rugar m77 30-06 (original model) I just bought and installed leupold rings and a mount on it. Then tossed a simmons 3-9x40 scope on it I had laying around. Now I gotta figure out do I toss it back in my safe for another few years til I decide to shoot it again, sell it or trade it.

Well I went to go sight the gun in and realized I made a rookie mistake. After I put the base on I didn't fully cycle the action. When the bolt comes up it hits the base so you can't chamber a round. After some cursing I checked the package and saw right on there my gun was deff listed. I then cursed again and took it off. I'm going to head over to county sports tonight and return the base.

After thinking about it I don't think I can get rid of this rifle. I think not having a 30-06 in my collection would be a bad move. Plus I love the feel of the action in this rifle.

Yeah Shawn, I hate the 30-06 cartridge! That's why I have 5 of them around. One is a commercial FN sporter. Action is slick as snot. Stocked in Claro w/ a 20" barrel and express sights it "the brush gun".

There's some things the 30-06 can do that the 308 Win will never do.